Kawasaki RIDGE - JAN 23, 2024

Why are companies so secretive? Think of all the people that are buying SxS’s at any given time. As a manufacturer, wouldn’t you want the consumer to know what you are coming out with? Maybe they wait on their purchase and buy from you once they know the specifics? I don’t know, just a thought. 
I understand that they don’t want to show their hand to the competition, but when the car is already in production and is coming out soon, it would seem that you would want to get the word out and start hyping it up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is this thing will be a beast and very solid. It will have good power but not the same performance as some of the newer high-end cars.

YAM, HON and KAW will always take the conservative route.

We will see...
I was interested to see if Honda would introduce a Gen 2 Talon, but not likely, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, what’s better about this than a Jeep or other true offroad SUV? Price isn’t that different…

I  have a buddy with a KRX, he loves it for trails, it is stout. He is 100%  convinced this will be the Pro-R/Maverick/ Speed  killer - 

the Hype of a 4 cyl turbo and DCT with a new electronics pkg, had him be one of the first (number 3) to put a deposit down

We'll see..  As some of you said the Japanese manufacturers are very conservative and generally make significant although reserved  changes in their revisions  like one big thing at a time  ...  But my Buddy points out this is Not a new KRX version, this is a new car  - fair enough..

The idea that they are so secretive when its not like this will stop existing KRX sales anymore than if they just said what it is, is stupid marketing 

If they really have something spectacular  -  that will kill the others then they should say that  ...  this marketing scheme alone tells me its gonna be a big Nothing burger -  Maybe they really think RG did it right LOL

So, what’s better about this than a Jeep or other true offroad SUV? Price isn’t that different…
I think the only thing it boils down to is even most utility SxS will ride better than a Jeep, especially on washboard and rock-strewn trails. 

I  have a buddy with a KRX, he loves it for trails, it is stout. He is 100%  convinced this will be the Pro-R/Maverick/ Speed  killer - 

the Hype of a 4 cyl turbo and DCT with a new electronics pkg, had him be one of the first (number 3) to put a deposit down

We'll see..  As some of you said the Japanese manufacturers are very conservative and generally make significant although reserved  changes in their revisions  like one big thing at a time  ...  But my Buddy points out this is Not a new KRX version, this is a new car  - fair enough..

The idea that they are so secretive when its not like this will stop existing KRX sales anymore than if they just said what it is, is stupid marketing 

If they really have something spectacular  -  that will kill the others then they should say that  ...  this marketing scheme alone tells me its gonna be a big Nothing burger -  Maybe they really think RG did it right LOL
I honestly think it will be something to complete with the POL Xpedition ADV market.

Valor-Offroad-Polaris-Expedition-Wheels-Tires-Accessories.jpg

Later on, they can add that motor package to a Next Level KRX UTV. 

Sport UTV Market is flooded these days between POL and CANAM dominating that segment with their latest 2024 models.

marketing has always played games like this

they were originally going to launch in October (Camp RZR) but I wonder if some PATENT (RG) issues came up.....

I think the only thing it boils down to is even most utility SxS will ride better than a Jeep, especially on washboard and rock-strewn trails. 
Stock, true, but the Jeep will do 75 on the freeway on the way there. Decent shock package and the Jeep will ride close enough. Big whoops and other things is where the Jeep will lose. I barely feel washboard and can bomb the easy parts of most trails at speeds that will result in major consequences if you miss a corner… Aired down at least.

They say it "change everything" so game changer for sure . . .

I have a friend who already sold his PRO R waiting for whatever this is. He had a KRX loved it but sold it because of the power and bought a PRO R and it just wasn't his fit so he is waiting for this

Stock, true, but the Jeep will do 75 on the freeway on the way there. Decent shock package and the Jeep will ride close enough. Big whoops and other things is where the Jeep will lose. I barely feel washboard and can bomb the easy parts of most trails at speeds that will result in major consequences if you miss a corner… Aired down at least.
I don't disagree at all. Too many folks don't air down at all, or not enough.

I have a friend who already sold his PRO R waiting for whatever this is. He had a KRX loved it but sold it because of the power and bought a PRO R and it just wasn't his fit so he is waiting for this
Really?

He wants an Adventure UTV and Not a Sport model?

Maybe a Sport model it seems...hmm

Back