Kawasaki Don’t Mess Around

38 minutes ago, Crusty said:

KraftWerks Supercharger kit review.....60% increase in HP.  $4k

So, $29,699 with Fox Live Valve IBPs and 180-ish horsepower designed by the Japanese.  Not bad.

So, $29,699 with Fox Live Valve IBPs and 180-ish horsepower designed by the Japanese.  Not bad.
You could go this route for a additional $15.5K. Keeping in mind, units unavailable, no dealership support network, not approved for sale in CA....and generally unproven design, motor, everything at this point.

rg-el-jefe-100-1.jpg

Will they really be Apple to Oranges? I hope so for the price difference, because the next performance level they are supposed to bring would be badass...nobody is arguing that part.

I really like the Kawasaki but I never understood why they were so heavy.  Now I know.  It looks like thet were designed for a bigger motor.  They have a really nice 1.5L 4 cylnder jet ski motor that I think would really work well in this chassis.  Maybe Kawasaki will violate the 1000cc barrier as other companies have.  Yamaha also has that really nice 1.8L waverunner motor that I think would be a good fit for the next gen YXZ.  

So I bought a 2021 model with 1400 miles on it about 4 months ago. Finally had a chance to take it out for a ride today and put about 30 miles on it. Up at 7,000 ft it is badly underpowered. With that said it is still a blast in the rocks. Big car that is heavy and very stable. Nice plush ride. No way I would try to run this car at the dunes. But for mountain and desert bashing it will work just fine. One thing about the X3 was it felt like it was spinning the tires all the time in the rocks and gravel where is this thing does not do that. Had my brother-in-law with me today and now he's going to buy one. I only paid $17,500 for this car and put another $500 into it. So for a non-dune side by side I think it is a great value. My car has 32s on it but I know some guys are putting 35s. The clutching is pretty neat how smooth it is and almost feels like it wants to shift gears up and down with and without load. My wife wanted me to slow down a little bit and this is certainly the ticket.

20230812_111903.jpg

20230812_111918.jpg

20230812_104321.jpg

20230812_104311.jpg

Sounds like Kawi may be trying to compete with Polaris and CanAm. Based on their Patents could be getting the supercharged 4cyl ZH2 motor. 

35 minutes ago, Greg Rakes said:

Sounds like Kawi may be trying to compete with Polaris and CanAm. Based on their Patents could be getting the supercharged 4cyl ZH2 motor. 

New car might be pretty awesome. 

Back