Kawasaki Don’t Mess Around

CampfiresNbrews

Reaction score
Pretty impressive how stout those KRX 1000’s are. Talk about Beefy. Just needs some extra power and this thing would be even Greater. Just stumbled on this video comparison and was pretty amazed. 

I have 2 Buddys who both have them and for home here in New Jersey it is a well built machine for out here.the amount of room in the cab is amazing.just the lack or power is what kills the sale for me.but for woods riding I think it tops the others.

The Kawi is built like a tank.  Really nice SXS, but needs more power (turbo).   

Really liked the wet clutch feature that prevents the belt from rubbing on the sheaves while in park which creates heat. More companies should implement something like that. Or maybe they’re starting to 🤷‍♂️? Seems to perform very well in the rocks from some videos I’ve seen.

Agreed that it definitely needs a turbo tho for the sand. 

Really liked the wet clutch feature that prevents the belt from rubbing on the sheaves while in park which creates heat. More companies should implement something like that. Or maybe they’re starting to 🤷‍♂️? Seems to perform very well in the rocks from some videos I’ve seen.

Agreed that it definitely needs a turbo tho for the sand. 
Wet clutch set up does not work so well when you get into the performance/sport side of UTVs.  Works great for slower stuff.   The Rhino had a wet clutch set up. 

Wet clutch set up does not work so well when you get into the performance/sport side of UTVs.  Works great for slower stuff.   The Rhino had a wet clutch set up. 
I love the clutch in my rhino I never replace the belt and it would tow so much stuff. But there is a big difference between 28 horsepower and 200

I would love to rent one before I buy anything or at least test drive one.

I really do like it, wheel base is great, cab room, styling, Beadlocks, everything is beefy on it.

112 HP is a lot more than my rhino that had 28...and I duned that thing all over glamis and dumont.

I'm still on the fence of what I want to get. Nice to have options.

I would love to rent one before I buy anything or at least test drive one.

I really do like it, wheel base is great, cab room, styling, Beadlocks, everything is beefy on it.

112 HP is a lot more than my rhino that had 28...and I duned that thing all over glamis and dumont.

I'm still on the fence of what I want to get. Nice to have options.
Craiglist has rentals ads.

For the money it is great car just a little underwhelming in the power department. At a similar price point I would be looking at the Polaris Pro Sport.  

They do seem stout. I would have probably stuck with my '14, but most of my 'group' will only go to Glamis, so I wanted that extra HP.

I wonder if someone makes a turbo for it? You can go anywhere in Glamis and have fun, just keep the momentum going. It only stinks when your buddies with turbos stop at the bottom of a steep hill ...

... and then take off straight up it.

abc

Last edited by a moderator:
They do seem stout. I would have probably stuck with my '14, but most of my 'group' will only go to Glamis, so I wanted that extra HP.

I wonder if someone makes a turbo for it? You can go anywhere in Glamis and have fun, just keep the momentum going. It only stinks when your buddies with turbos stop at the bottom of a steep hill ...

... and then take off straight up it.

abc
K&T was supposed to be developing a turbo kit.  I think it was going to be a set up like the YXZ where it is authorized by the factory and maintains the warranty. 

When I cracked the case and popped my 1000cc, my only choice was the Big Bore. I thought that was strange, but I guess the Turbo RZRs are different or something. How much HP would you get with a turbo kit?

abc

When I cracked the case and popped my 1000cc, my only choice was the Big Bore. I thought that was strange, but I guess the Turbo RZRs are different or something. How much HP would you get with a turbo kit?

abc
Not sure what the hp numbers were supposed to be with a turbo.  

Kraftwerks should be dropping a supercharger pretty soon.

Force Turbos has a low boost kit

S&S is releasing one soon (I think it will be the factory backed kit)

Kraftwerks has a supercharger that should be released in the next couple weeks but you loose the alternator.

I have one and love it. I've had it to the oregon dunes with and without paddles. Its a fun rig but is very down on power.

2D50B208-1FA1-47B2-834C-85752DBD29A9.jpeg

405A7FE2-F44E-41D7-A8DB-374EAA55826A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video - worth capturing here in the KRX Thread

2 hours ago, CampfiresNbrews said:

Exactly!! Had radius rods on my old rail and wasn’t a fan of it. They were equal length which made it horrible to drive at high speeds but it did love to drift into the corners due to the loss of traction. 

On the other hand looks like Kawasaki KRX 1000 got the geometry correct even with radius rods. Though I’ll never own a car with radius rods (just something else that’ll break)I really like the Kawasaki. 

:thumb:

KraftWerks Supercharger kit review.....60% increase in HP.  $4k

Back