Its Saturday Jan 6th 2024.... What is everyone up too this weekend?

I'm looking at this Moho / Trailer Combo out front wishing it would unload and clean itself. I Dream of Jeannie, where are you? Peace

In Glamis getting hammered with wind. Weekend was awesome, light crowd and sweet dunes but time to head home. 

Trimming and pruning trees. A pleasant joy. Eating some Mandarin oranges off my tree. No sugar needed. Spraying my stone fruit trees for fungus. Doing some light grading for my neighbor. Checking peak hydraulic pressures on my excavator. Should be 5500psi!  Prepping the can am for next week day trip in the desert  

View attachment 91651

View attachment 91652

I'd love to grow those mandarin orange trees. Peace

Trimming and pruning trees. A pleasant joy. Eating some Mandarin oranges off my tree. No sugar needed. Spraying my stone fruit trees for fungus. Doing some light grading for my neighbor. Checking peak hydraulic pressures on my excavator. Should be 5500psi!  Prepping the can am for next week day trip in the desert  

View attachment 91651

View attachment 91652
I love my Tangelo tree.

image.png

My wife and I are preppers. We have 27 chickens and two rooster. Right now we get about 20 eggs a day. We sell them to local neighbors. We also freeze dry 84 at a time and get about 9-10 eggs per jar. Put in a small desiccant bag. We have reconstituted it with water and is amazing  2 tablespoons of water and two table spoons of egg makes one egg

IMG_7827.jpeg

IMG_7828.jpeg

IMG_7829.jpeg

IMG_7830.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I are preppers. We have 27 chickens and two rooster. Right now we get about 20 eggs a day. We sell them to local neighbors. We also freeze dry 84 at a time and get about 9-10 eggs per jar. Put in a small desiccant bag. We have reconstituted it with water and is amazing  2 tablespoons of water and two table spoons of egg makes one egg

View attachment 91727

View attachment 91728

View attachment 91729

View attachment 91730
Freeze dry?! Tell me more!

Different then dehydrated. We bought the machine for $2k used. I think they go for about $5k. Gets to -40 deg then vacuum for 24hours. Sometimes more because of water content. Can store for decades. Bananas and strawberries are awesome. Peaches. When your crop comes like too much fruit at one time then slice them up and freeze dry. Apples are awesome too

Different then dehydrated. We bought the machine for $2k used. I think they go for about $5k. Gets to -40 deg then vacuum for 24hours. Sometimes more because of water content. Can store for decades. Bananas and strawberries are awesome. Peaches. When your crop comes like too much fruit at one time then slice them up and freeze dry. Apples are awesome too
TY, sir.

When you have time, please share more details about the process and machine you use.  I’d like to teach my son this way of storing food.

Sure will. Where do you live? Dehydrating food is by heat and removes 90-95% moisture. Freeze drying is done by the opposite. First to freeze the food very cold then apply a vacuum this allows the moisture to come out by it changing into a vapor and removes 98-99% moisture

Sure will. Where do you live? Dehydrating food is by heat and removes 90-95% moisture. Freeze drying is done by the opposite. First to freeze the food very cold then apply a vacuum this allows the moisture to come out by it changing into a vapor and removes 98-99% moisture
Eastern TN.  Knoxville.

Time to unload the trailer. Trailers unloaded and Just became a storage shed. Peace

Mine used to be the "driveway shed" all of the time.  most times I didnt mind, but sometimes when you want to get in there to do stuff............  :angryfire:

Mine used to be the "driveway shed" all of the time.  most times I didnt mind, but sometimes when you want to get in there to do stuff............  :angryfire:

I can see that. Peace

was contemplating starting an actual insurrection but decided that their selective prosecution and fact finability made it kinda unworthy. I mean if they can prosecute you for nothing, why put any effort in to actually doing something? :dunno:

Back