It's Saturday Aug 24th 2024.. What is everyone up too this weekend?

Nothing planned.  Buddy might come up to drink.  Smoked 2 chickens yesterday, maybe cook something fun today.

It's my birthday week (Wednesday) so I'm ready to ramp up.

Couple of oil changes this morning, trim some hedges, prep for the range on Tues, fill propane bottles, and a few weekly house keeping things.  Maybe a concert tomorrow???  

Reactions: FOG
Watching the final round of motocross this morning.   Probably do a little exhaust work on the jet ski so it will be ready for Labor day.  This evening heading to the 47th California State Speedway Championship flat track races.  

Screenshot_20240824-090518.png

Irvine Improv with the wife last night. Cheap fun at only $30 per ticket. .. downing some coffee, plan on hitting the home gym today. Other than that .. stay cool in the pool.

Late,

abc

Reactions: FOG
Her Birthday weekend so her kids and grandkids are coming over for some food and pool time.

Just got my truck back from the body shop.  $6K in damages from a blowout.  Ford has a real nice way to fill the DEF fluid but if the tire catches the filler neck just right, it breaks chit.  Not only did it tear it on the filler side it cracked the top of the tank at the tank side.  They did a great job replacing the DEF tank, The Rear bumper and bed side of the truck, only problem is that just as I park, the check engine light comes on.  So, I get to deal with that on Monday. 

If you connect it to a helmet sensor you can make it move based on where you look.  That would be bitchen.  
Not to mention a speed sensor, so it raises as you go faster....maybe a pivot as well for turning corners. You should be able to tie it into the Sensing shock systems so it knows when  you are turning, going fast etc... like adaptive lights for cars. 

Her Birthday weekend so her kids and grandkids are coming over for some food and pool time.

Just got my truck back from the body shop.  $6K in damages from a blowout.  Ford has a real nice way to fill the DEF fluid but if the tire catches the filler neck just right, it breaks chit.  Not only did it tear it on the filler side it cracked the top of the tank at the tank side.  They did a great job replacing the DEF tank, The Rear bumper and bed side of the truck, only problem is that just as I park, the check engine light comes on.  So, I get to deal with that on Monday. 
Thank God for Insurance... 

Finished the front suspension and new close ratio steering on my truck - and plan to start on the rear tomorrow.  Headed to the rodeo in Ramona later tonight.

Screenshot 2024-08-24 165018.png

Been doing volunteer training all effing day to be a soccer referee since the league requires teams to provide their own refs or they cant play. Its literally taken 5 hrs of my day and im not close to being done and still have to do an in person 4 hrs class. And they wonder why no one volunteers. 90% of the training is liberal bullshit. Only one other parent is doing it too so far. Apparently everyone is too busy. I made time even though i average 70hrs of work a week running 2 businesses and coaching softball 4 days of the week at the same time…..dont tell me you’re too busy. Anything for my kids

:rant:

My pop (stepdad) passed away and moms is having a hard time. I drove to Phx and we went to the movies. Something we all loved doing.  Plan on the same next weekend. 

Back