It's Saturday 8-7-21 What are you doing this weekend?

At the family beach condos that my (now deceased) grandparents purchased in 1969 (when they were built) in Carpinteria, CA.

We have 2 in the family trust. Been coming here for my whole life, almost 50 years.

My 15 year old, the puppy and I came up Thursday and my wife, long time friend and her 12 year old boy came up yesterday.

Great weather, food and atmosphere.

As usual, feeling blessed.

abc
I remember spending hours at Carpeteria as a kid while my parents hemmed and hawed on over whether to get the premium pile with stainguard or not...

:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
45 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

I remember spending hours at Carpeteria as a kid while my parents hemmed and hawed on over whether to get the premium pile with stainguard or not...

I remember that too.  Was it in National City or South Bay somewhere?  Playing hide & Seek with my brother and sister.

That song still pops in my head regularly.

Eff you @Rockwood   .....and of course I clicked on the video....Carpeteriaaaaaaaa......

I remember that too.  Was it in National City or South Bay somewhere?  Playing hide & Seek with my brother and sister.

That song still pops in my head regularly.
Nasty City?  Dunno, just remember continually being scolded for hide and seek getting out of hand...

Eff you @Rockwood   .....and of course I clicked on the video....Carpeteriaaaaaaaa......
Welcs. :biggrin:

... Working all weekend..  I have a new lot of semiconductors I obtained/purchased from a customer. I'm so swamped with quoting and orders that I can only get to receiving on the weekends right now... not complaining, I'm KILLING it right now and there's lots of parts with long lead times in this lot. Need to get them cataloged and up on the internet for this week's business. It's really REALLY tedious and boring work, but the pay-off has never been better.

I'll make a grip (1/2 for me 1/2 for Uncle Sam and California State) in the next 1-2 years. Once the allocation ends, probably will look to purchase a potential future retirement home (in another state) which I will make into an Air B&B / VRBO, etc. I already have plenty of scratch in the stock market (retirement accounts) so I plan to diversify. .. and I despise Crypto. ..

Already have too much in USD in the bank and as many will know our annual inflation rate (last 12 months) was 5.6%. So I guess that means the purchasing power of let's say $100k.. just became $94.5k in a year. 

I just can't think of another place to put it other than real estate (my Laguna Hills home, we paid off 3/4 years ago). Of course I'm always 'investing' in sand toys, but that department is well covered.

Date was set for my oldest daughter's, 29, wedding 10 weeks from now, Lake Arrowhead, so that's exciting. Get to walk my little girl down the isle. First one to get married of 4 kids.

Y'all be safe!

abc

PS. Anyone have a different investing idea, I'd love to hear it... just not sure what else to do (1st world problems, right)? I bought these Crypto coins to eff with my Crpyto buddies, etc. Need more,.. I've given all of them away..  :rofl:

BTC 2.jpg

BTC.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back