It's Saturday 10-2-21 What are you dong this weekend?

Hows the riding, lots of folks?

Smog check, oil change, air filter, baseboard around the entire house, casings around the new 34" doors, cleaning out the garage, cleaning out all the extra bullshit, finishing up 2k sq ft of new flooring...
Surprisingly empty. It's damn near impossible to get a reservation though since they reduced the amount of campers to 100 a night. I love this place but it's sad what it's become. 

Change of plan yesterday. Decided to take my buddy to the air show with the boat for day two. Looks like it worked out for us.  Sad with the oil spill and the canceling of the air show today. 

Hope it's not as bad as they are predicting.

Puts me at the shop today  to get everything that I put off yesterday. 

We did a road trip. Went to Vegas to see my brother and have breakfast then drove to Havasu to see @Mac & Steph and @Kevin for lunch. Was a great day :cheers:  

Golf tournament Friday in Fallbrook, disc golf tournament Saturday, work day #1 of Evan's Eagle Scout project Sunday, and dinner with the fam at Yard House. 

Busy doing Wedding Flowers for a special couple :classic_love:

Missed the ceremony :sad:  due to still working on centerpieces.  A little bit more work than anticipated for this non professional.

Prepping for the dunes, 90% ready now.  Still have 3 days to finish up and I will use all three of them to do it.

Had coffee at mom's Saturday morning. Count down to when she moves at and puts the family home up for sale. We are moving her out to my brother's house in 3 weeks.

So, lots of pairing down...My brother has been awesome at selling stuff on Offer up.

The garage is all cleaned out. Funny when my parents bought this home in 1972, my dad thought it was the ugliest house on the street till he saw the garage (1000 sq. ft.) and it had a pool. he said let's buy it!

LOL

Lot's of memories here but Mom doesn't need all this and the place needs a lot of work.

I told Mom, you and dad made great memories here, it's time for another family to come in and do the same! she's at peace with it.

Pics of the cleaned out garage. Not that it was ever messy or packed with crap. It kept their boat, 2 cars and my dad's train room which used to be the dressing room for the pool.

49754.jpeg

49753.jpeg

49755.jpeg

Had coffee at mom's Saturday morning. Count down to when she moves at and puts the family home up for sale. We are moving her out to my brother's house in 3 weeks.

So, lots of pairing down...My brother has been awesome at selling stuff on Offer up.

The garage is all cleaned out. Funny when my parents bought this home in 1972, my dad thought it was the ugliest house on the street till he saw the garage (1000 sq. ft.) and it had a pool. he said let's buy it!

LOL

Lot's of memories here but Mom doesn't need all this and the place needs a lot of work.

I told Mom, you and dad made great memories here, it's time for another family to come in and do the same! she's at peace with it.

Pics of the cleaned out garage. Not that it was ever messy or packed with crap. It kept their boat, 2 cars and my dad's train room which used to be the dressing room for the pool.

View attachment 15398

View attachment 15399

View attachment 15400
Kuddos to your brother for moving her in.

Tough part of life when your childhood home gets to this point.  Less stress for you Mom and better days ahead spent with family in the room next door.

This is all a good thing.

:cheers:

lunch wit joe n janelle, mac and steph on sat. worked in garage yesterday.

Youth Sports Friday night till Sunday afternoon 060D5EBA-BED6-413D-B258-6EB7CB50145E.jpegAEBA64FC-72CA-4F1F-8330-364F1976F2AA.jpeg

but did visit friends at Sun coast RV campground in South Bay Diego, very ritzy first time Iv been to a new modern RV resort. 

Back