It's Saturday 10-16-21 What are you doing this weekend?

On the coast at Newport Or meeting youngest son and fam for youngest grandson’s birthday celebration 

Wife and I will have another relaxing evening by the campfire tonight after they head home and we will break camp in the morning hook up the jeep and head home it is a beautiful drive down the coast to Reedsport and then up the river to I5 fall colors are amazing 

You all have a great weekend and be safe
My niece from Newport just lef my house in NV to head home

My niece from Newport just lef my house in NV to head home
She is heading home to rain we left about 10 this morning and it had been raining about an hour then but yesterday was warm and sunny hope she has a safe journey home 

We had a pretty good weekend. Went to Quartzite and did about 250 miles on the X3. We had 5 cars good food and good people.  I was having so much fun I didn’t take that many pictures.  The Slappy had a great time. He was on the lookout for for the local critters. He didn’t spot a thing other than Locust/Grasshoppers. I hope everyone had a safe and fun weekend.   

BC0766FE-9549-4435-9729-90DC001EF2EB.jpeg

351BC4EA-4D62-42A2-8EFE-ABBDF168C536.jpeg

VW car show in parker sat. arts and crafts rest of weekend at home. 🙂  also searched for various vehicles im after on the interwebz..

@Roaddog

I would love to split this post into the sandrail tech forum.  Super work here bud.

LMK

Went camping in Utah.  Was up as high as ~9400 feet, I think camp was more like 7k-something but still cold over night (high teens).  

messages_0 (14).jpeg

messages_0 (13).jpeg

messages_0 (12).jpeg

messages_0 (11).jpeg

messages_0 (10).jpeg

messages_0 (9).jpeg

messages_0 (8).jpeg

messages_0 (7).jpeg

messages_0 (6).jpeg

messages_0 (22).jpeg

-TJ

That's awesome! Did you use some sort of heater at night?
I was in my little trailer, but it has no heater... and no insulation underneath.  I'm sure it was warmer than just being in a tent (like the other two guys were) but not by much.  The condensation inside the trailer had turned to ice by the morning.  The next time I camp in weather this cold in this trailer I'll be a little better prepared. 

received_236881851836697.jpeg

20211015_161230.jpg

Right now the mattress is just some foam.  It isn't the best, because it packs down and you really feel the cold from the "floor."  One of these would fit perfectly: https://www.exped.com/usa/en/product-category/mats/megamat-max-duo-15-lw and provide a much better thermal barrier.  A heavy blanket over that, combined with the top blanket I was using and I think it would have been super comfy.  As it was, it wasn't terrible considering the temps. 

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Hand warmers around the private parts. Scolding hot. Saying this from a friends experience. Peace 

Back