Is Craigslist Virtually Dead?

I HATE CL.   Nothing but f*cking retards.   

99.9% of the stuff I buy is new and the stuff I get rid of, trash or give it away.  I don't have the patience for stupid sh*t...."What's your bottom price?"  I increase it every time I get that.

With that said, If I absolutely have to, I'll use FB MP.

OfferUp is the easiest to use, get alerts of stuff I'm looking for and sellers I follow. Ease of use and have sold more stuff there then anywhere else.

FB Marketplace is a PITA to navigate, find what I want and full of scammer crap. But there is good stuff in there and some real deals, just a shitty place to search or get updates and responses back from people. Feels like good stuff goes there really fast. The worst is the online shit talkers that ruin ads...LOL.

CL is still good, you'll see stuff there from folks who hate social media and the scammers are easy to spot.

In general I don't buy small stuff online from any of the 3, just buy small stuff new and be done with it. Not worth the headache for saving $10 on a $50 item.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use craigslist a lot. Some times you go for weeks not selling anything then you sell a lot of stuff, you just have to be patient. As far as the pictures I have a picture file for eBay and craigslist so it is easy to re post the pictures. DON~~~

Only reason I signed up for FB is MP. I dont even check my 'Profile'

CL is still there but I think Offerup and FBMP took away from it. When I am bored I check all 3 
I tried it just for marketplace, but they wont let me even view market place until i have at least 15 “friends”. What an effin joke. Its all about tracking your step and building a profile on you. If china was behind it we’d ban it as potentially life threatening

I tried it just for marketplace, but they wont let me even view market place until i have at least 15 “friends”. What an effin joke. Its all about tracking your step and building a profile on you. If china was behind it we’d ban it as potentially life threatening
Weird, I didn't have to do that. Have 0 friends, accepted 0 friend requests.

Last time I checked, Tik Tok is still a thing . . .

hell im addicted to them all, market place, craigslist, searchtempest, ebay lol. im always looking for a deal

People above 50, use craigslist more as they usually don't have FB for one reason or another - in example, all the motorhomes I've found were from retired people on CL...good deals on boats from older people, etc. 

OfferUp - people in their 20's and 30's..Age range of people addicted to phones and OfferUp works best on a mobile device...so sell things that fit this demographic.

Facebook - All generations, but more people below 50...Best luck selling on specific groups, i.e, Desert groups for buggy stuff, car groups for car stuff - and Masrketplace for everything in between.

RaceDezert - limited to offroad people, somewhat a PITA to post, but good for desert stuff.

Ebay - For parts

Bringatrailer - for dreams lol

I have success with FB Marketplace, Offer up, and Craigslist.  

Back