Inverter Issue

Vinsanity

Reaction score
I’ve got an older motorhome with the xantrex 2000 inverter. It has this for the remote panel on the inside of the coach. Literally just worked a week ago and now it’s got this message on the screen. I’ve unplugged it from the back and from the inverter with no change. Any one deal with this before?

IMG_1135.jpeg

Disconnect dc and ac power from inverter and try to reset. 

Disconnect dc and ac power from inverter and try to reset. 
This - but for a few hours. Mine got into a funk during our January trip and that's what Xantrex tech support said to try first. I had already done it for a short while at first, but it really needed a few hours to fully reset. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I disconnected everything over night. Re hooked up and didn’t solve the issue.

My other issue now is I have no house power at all. I have a 30 amp at my house that I connected to and tested the other day with no issues. Microwave worked/AC worked. As of yesterday I’ve got nothing now. Just turned the generator and still nothing. Tested my power into the coach and it works. Any ideas?

I hooked all the inverter up right and once it didn’t work I decided to leave it off. If the  inverter is off but plugged into shoreline I should still have power.

So opened what I believe is the transfer switch. With shoreline plugged in. I’ve got power through the breaker on the left but nothing coming through the one on the right.

IMG_1140.jpeg

I hate to say this, have you checked all your GFI's in the couch.  

Keep it simple at first, also check your 12 volt Ground

Yup so got everything working now. But batteries aren’t charging due to inverter. It’s either the inverter itself or the remote display. I’d prefer to try the $100 part first. If anyone knows where I can get that remote I’d appreciate it. Seems like it’s no longer made. 

Have you tried putting an external battery charger on your batteries? Inverters need dc power to turn on. If your batteries are dead the inverter can’t turn on to activate its charger. Try an external battery charger first and see if your batteries will take a charge. Then try the inverter again. 

Bumping this back up since I've been using the rig with hooks up and haven't needed it. The issue is still there. The batteries are great, rig fires up with no issues and no voltage issues on those.

I've unplugged the inverter from 12v by disconnecting it and also unplugging it. Held the reset as well. The back of the remote panel is just a cat 5 that I've unplugged with no success. Only other check would be running a new cat 5 and testing that.

Any other suggestions? If someone has this panel I'd love to borrow it just to plug it in real quick to see if that's the issue.

With the generator on, are your house batteries charging?
I'll have to check that. On my remote panel the far right switch is it engage the charger so I don't know if that'll allow me to charge since it isn't working.

Ok I disconnected everything over night. Re hooked up and didn’t solve the issue.

My other issue now is I have no house power at all. I have a 30 amp at my house that I connected to and tested the other day with no issues. Microwave worked/AC worked. As of yesterday I’ve got nothing now. Just turned the generator and still nothing. Tested my power into the coach and it works. Any ideas?

I hooked all the inverter up right and once it didn’t work I decided to leave it off. If the inverter is off but plugged into shoreline I should still have power.
This sounds like the breakers on the generator have tripped.

Back