Info on lifted dually’s

My Dually just hit 85,000 miles today. I bought it with 36,000 over 10 years ago, so not even 5,000 miles/year. I'm sure that will change once my wife and I start traveling more in the 5th in a few years. Here's how it looks with the 285s. It look really weird with the 225s. I think it looks bone stock with the bigger tires, no lift.

abc

View attachment 14093

View attachment 14094

View attachment 14095
A 285 tire is a 33” tire. I will not be lifting the rear just putting a 35” tire on. If I get the back spacing correct on the wheels, I won’t have to run a spacer. That put 1” more tire than you into my wheel well and makes the truck sit 1” taller than yours. As for the front, I will lift it 4”-5” taller than stock to put the nose a tad bit higher than the rear because that’s the look I like. A leveling kit is a 3” kit and that’s just torsion keys. The kit I’m looking at will be torsion keys, torsion drop down kit, and upper control arms. Nothing huge by any means. So in all, the back of my truck will only sit 1.5” taller than stock with the front a little more than leveled out. I’m only 45 so I’m not ready to settle on the Grandpa truck yet!

Here was my old Chevy leveled on about a 34" tire. I had done all of the cognito leveling kit to the front end nothing to the back. I like the 20" wheel because you don't need to run a spacer. I am running a leveling kit on the dodge with the same tire and wheel package. I think a leveled dually with a little bigger tire and wheel  looks sharp . Just my opinion. 

dually2.jpg

bl9.jpg

Anything more than 3" is a waste...........................that is what I tell the wife

I hate tall lifts, looks like you are compensating for something, make sure you add scrotum sack to the bumpers, they are super cool🤣
"Nice truck.  Sorry about your penis."

Guys, I’ve had my truck since the end of 2018. I have just over 8k miles on it! I would never take my truck to a car wash so not an issue. As for carrying heavy loads, same or higher rated tires so what changes? As for loading and unloading, I have a fifth wheel so no room in the back for stuff anyways! I towed my fifth wheel now with a 7.3 superduty cc srw 4x4 9” lift on 37’s so 35’s on my dually won’t mean squat. Keep the ideas coming!
Just harder on everything overall, including the guy putting shtuff in it. Larger tires means more load on the entire drivetrain to turn them/push the brick down the road.  As my buddy found out, the stupid "bed volume" stat has made bedsides on new trucks taller, which reduces clearance for your 5th wheel.  Just things to keep in mind.

Your truck, do as you please. :biggrin:

A 285 tire is a 33” tire. I will not be lifting the rear just putting a 35” tire on. If I get the back spacing correct on the wheels, I won’t have to run a spacer. That put 1” more tire than you into my wheel well and makes the truck sit 1” taller than yours. As for the front, I will lift it 4”-5” taller than stock to put the nose a tad bit higher than the rear because that’s the look I like. A leveling kit is a 3” kit and that’s just torsion keys. The kit I’m looking at will be torsion keys, torsion drop down kit, and upper control arms. Nothing huge by any means. So in all, the back of my truck will only sit 1.5” taller than stock with the front a little more than leveled out. I’m only 45 so I’m not ready to settle on the Grandpa truck yet!
Werd, I actually should put a small lift up front, they do rub sometimes, just haven't gotten around to it. 

Had an 08 dmax same set up as ABC 285s I just cranked the torsion keys for a slight lift in the front I don’t think I ran a spacer on that truck. Had an edge programmer to get the Speedo re calibrated an mild tune.08 would pull a house off the foundation and you could select what gear you wanted to do it in. Miss the 08 

Also had a 98 454 Chevy dawg 2wd 6” fab tec upper coil spacer, lift block in the back ect… that truck chit a lower ball joint while making a u turn one time what a nightmare. If you have aftermarket rims (usually 4 of the 6) you have to break down the all the tires if you want to rotate properly that sucked.

Like ABC said above 35” max Mabe torsion keys up front spacer in the back seems like Dually sit pretty high in the rear stock. 

heres a few pic of few my duallys Iv hd

31B34475-DACD-4220-85F9-83001C8B234F.jpeg8EF5AA6B-CFB1-4079-8346-4FD44FC44DF2.jpeg3315752E-640E-4929-B537-A8ED9D6F6931.jpeg53E868D6-1BE5-40C8-AC87-5B668E8A3F20.jpegoh the 98 was air bagged before I lifted it miss that truck lowered C49AE76B-7B5B-4A21-9032-611F5411AE4E.jpeg

I love my '08.. hate the grill on the new Chevys. They look a rapper's teeth or something. First truck I've ever owned.. probably will be my last.. I can't see me putting on enough miles to ever justify buying a new one... plus it's a 60/40 LT (6 seater).. has NO gadgets... except power windows and doors. Even the seats are manual. I'm a HUGE fan of having less electronic gizmos. I'm in the industry and they build boards just to spec.. not made to last... 

OK,.. so back to lifts.. no (BIG) lifts unless..

1. You're Hispanic/Latin American

OR

2. You have a flat bill and wear black socks with shorts .. have lots of tats...

:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Nice truck.  Sorry about your penis."

Just harder on everything overall, including the guy putting shtuff in it. Larger tires means more load on the entire drivetrain to turn them/push the brick down the road.  As my buddy found out, the stupid "bed volume" stat has made bedsides on new trucks taller, which reduces clearance for your 5th wheel.  Just things to keep in mind.

Your truck, do as you please. :biggrin:
You are correct about the extra load on the drivetrain. I am sure there will be some performance loss towing due to the extra load. I will kick myself in the ass if it’s huge! As for bedside clearance, the sides are taller than the older trucks so reaching things from the side suck but I’m used to it now. The clearance on my fifth wheel will only be effected at harsh angles from front to back and that will be minimal.

I love my '08.. hate the grill on the new Chevys. They look a rapper's teeth or something. First truck I've ever owned.. probably will be my last.. I can't see me putting on enough miles to ever justify buying a new one... plus it's a 60/40 LT (6 seater).. has NO gadgets... except power windows and doors. Even the seats are manual. I'm a HUGE fan of having less electronic gizmos. I'm in the industry and they build boards just to spec.. not made to last... 

OK,.. so back to lifts.. no (BIG) lifts unless..

1. You're Hispanic/Latin American

OR

2. You have a flat bill and wear black socks with shorts .. have lots of tats...

:rofl:
Lol! I traded in the flat bill years ago but I still rock the black socks and shorts! Now if I wore socks with my flip flops than I would leave my truck stock!

Back