Info on lifted dually’s

Big_Daddy_Jp

Reaction score
I know I started a thread on this before the crash but didn’t get much info. I’ve been going back and forth on lifting my truck. I have a 2019 Chevy 3500 HD  4x4 high country. Every truck I’ve owned has been lifted. I don’t feel old enough yet to keep it stock! I know I will lose some performance towing and probably some fuel mileage. I just really like the way they look. Originally I was looking  at a leveling kit and running 33” tires. Now I’m looking at a CST 4-6” kit and running 35’s on 20” wheels. Looking to see if anyone else on here has done something similar and what back spacing they used on the wheels. Thanks

Watch out for the rear offset.  My buddy did this and Discount tire can't balance his rims anymore with there new machines.  Discount is buying him new rims because of it. The fuel wheel offset is way out there and he can't go though a car wash with it either. 

Isn't the point of a dually to carry lots of crap?  Would suck to load/unload that, or hook a heavy ass trailer to a big drop mount, or worry about clearance with a 5th on every trailer.  

I liked how @BaBaBouy had his set up....just a slight lift and better off-road tires. West Coast Baby :wassup:

I hate huge lifts now, well except :smileyboobs: lifts...

Dont lift a chevy unless you like buying tires, tie rods and pitman idler arms and replacing all the ball joints every 25k miles. I sold my 05 dmax out of spite at 75k miles because of all these problems

If you buy the Cognito brace and Tie Rods you should be fine.  I have 140,000 original everything with a 7 to 9" lift, set at 7" and Deaver rear springs.  With it set at 7" cvs are flat. 35" tires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything more than 3" is a waste...........................that is what I tell the wife

I hate tall lifts, looks like you are compensating for something, make sure you add scrotum sack to the bumpers, they are super cool🤣

Guys, I’ve had my truck since the end of 2018. I have just over 8k miles on it! I would never take my truck to a car wash so not an issue. As for carrying heavy loads, same or higher rated tires so what changes? As for loading and unloading, I have a fifth wheel so no room in the back for stuff anyways! I towed my fifth wheel now with a 7.3 superduty cc srw 4x4 9” lift on 37’s so 35’s on my dually won’t mean squat. Keep the ideas coming!

thay do look bad ass but i know im bad ass...and have a just shy of 7'' donkey and proud of!! 👊..lol.a lifted dually is a useless dually and i have herd that those big rims can't handle the dually capabilities of weight and are known to crack or if the offset is crazy the center section will separate.i travel the country with a 42' camper and even piggy back a 16' landscape trailer behind that across the country at times.all stock with a light tow tune and its super reliable.once you do lifts and especially on a chevy with that independent front end junk its over Johnny!! why you think 95% of all  the independent transport guys run fords and dodge besides them being better then Chevys..lol...🤔

I don't recommend lifting 'tow trucks' .. probably because I'm white (J/K).. no I just think they're best set up the way from the factory. .. agree with many other points here. My 2008 Chevy Duramax Dually 3500, all I did was move from the stock 225 bicycle tires, to the biggest I could fit without lifting, 285s. It actually looks the way it should stock, rides great. The wheels have a rear billet spacer and stick out of the wheel well only about an inch.

My $.02.

abc

PS. With those leaf springs it'll rattle the teeth out of your mouth.. ride was vastly improved just by upping the tire size.

thay do look bad ass but i know im bad ass...and have a just shy of 7'' donkey and proud of!! 👊..lol.a lifted dually is a useless dually and i have herd that those big rims can't handle the dually capabilities of weight and are known to crack or if the offset is crazy the center section will separate.i travel the country with a 42' camper and even piggy back a 16' landscape trailer behind that across the country at times.all stock with a light tow tune and its super reliable.once you do lifts and especially on a chevy with that independent front end junk its over Johnny!! why you think 95% of all  the independent transport guys run fords and dodge besides them being better then Chevys..lol...🤔
Never saw this turning into a Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge thing! Honestly, at least 90% of the transportersdone,  I see out there are Dodge. I’ve just never been a Dodge guy. I used to own Ford. My 7.3 superduty was bad ass. The straight axle pulled wonders! In my opinion, after the 7.3, Ford had several years of shitty motors keeping me from dropping any money on a new one. With that said, properly done, I’ve had and witnessed a lot of lifted Chevy trucks without all of the bad problems. Sooner or later an idler arm or pitman arm will need to be replaced. At 3500 miles per year, that’s gonna take a lot of years before needing replacing!

Gotta make sure that while stuffing the largest possible tire under it that the rear duals compress together when you tighten the lug nuts.   More flotation, and no chaffing if they can't move...   :thumb:

Gotta make sure that while stuffing the largest possible tire under it that the rear duals compress together when you tighten the lug nuts.   More flotation, and no chaffing if they can't move...   :thumb:
Reasons why I’m asking for back spacing on wheels. I don’t want the tires to rub nor do I want to put a spacer in. If you get the correct back spacing neither will happen. Thanks for looking out!

My Dually just hit 85,000 miles today. I bought it with 36,000 over 10 years ago, so not even 5,000 miles/year. I'm sure that will change once my wife and I start traveling more in the 5th in a few years. Here's how it looks with the 285s. It look really weird with the 225s. I think it looks bone stock with the bigger tires, no lift.

abc

A4E99658-3857-4211-8252-CCF8806B535F.jpeg

227BB5D3-586E-495A-9E71-EA65BDC696E2.jpeg

708C93D7-BA08-426F-A661-87A751251494.jpeg

Back