In Memoriam

that is how Steve lived and rode in hi school he rode an xl 500 with a surf board rack we built in metal shop at Orange Glen High in Escondido I can still see him pull out on Glen ridge with a surf board and a girl friend pull a wheelie and run through the gears past the school office with the girl screaming the whole way

GlamisChick, most likely before most of lots of peoples time here, she was Kenny G's wife and a great lady Cancer got her to early she had a heart of gold and a smile that would make you smile, met her in the early 2000s we had lots of laughs and many good dune rides, miss her

Big Block Tank. Tank was not what you would call a mellow person his personality was a lot like his name, He could become a bull in a china shop at the drop of a hat.  If you didn't know or understand flag etiquette Tank was going to school you on it. You would not win an argument on it.

Tank first showed up around here trying to get his beam car finished up and in a few short days was claiming he was going to go to a BBQ 150 miles away and was bringing more food that we could all eat. Sure enough Tank showed up with racks of ribs, briskets, wings a smokers a BBQ and a desire to make sure every one was fed. His Good Ole Boy Southern Attitude could make friends and enemy's just as easy on the internet but if anybody needed something he was willing to help out any way he could. 

There was a lot of things good and bad I am sure that he did behind the scenes and the good always out weighed the bad.  This was evident when the Glamis Fairy had a Nice ATC70  built for him and surprised him ( to the point of just about tears)  with it at the SSSS one year. 

He offered more times than I could remember to come visit him and Lil Debbie in Tucson for Drinks and Pizza. Wish i would of taken him up on the invite before the demons in his head got to him.   
Tank 1.jpgTank.jpg

How about Glen? I believe his name was FastCorvair? 
Super rad dude. Total cruiser. Built a couple of cars himself in his garage I believe.
Had a lime green one that looked kinda like a grasshopper. Thing was awesome!

Fondofthefifties. Her and her husband Bill were always fun to camp with. Ridered was another one I miss.

cometo think about it, only person from this site I actually still camp/have direct contact with is JimandMelissa. My son recently bought his old buggy off him. It was set to pasture on his property and we’ve brought it back to its glory days😁

1D372AF0-7571-45EA-A4D0-8DAE4E41E6C3.jpeg

Big Block Tank. Tank was not what you would call a mellow person his personality was a lot like his name, He could become a bull in a china shop at the drop of a hat.  If you didn't know or understand flag etiquette Tank was going to school you on it. You would not win an argument on it.

Tank first showed up around here trying to get his beam car finished up and in a few short days was claiming he was going to go to a BBQ 150 miles away and was bringing more food that we could all eat. Sure enough Tank showed up with racks of ribs, briskets, wings a smokers a BBQ and a desire to make sure every one was fed. His Good Ole Boy Southern Attitude could make friends and enemy's just as easy on the internet but if anybody needed something he was willing to help out any way he could. 

There was a lot of things good and bad I am sure that he did behind the scenes and the good always out weighed the bad.  This was evident when the Glamis Fairy had a Nice ATC70  built for him and surprised him ( to the point of just about tears)  with it at the SSSS one year. 

He offered more times than I could remember to come visit him and Lil Debbie in Tucson for Drinks and Pizza. Wish i would of taken him up on the invite before the demons in his head got to him.   
My neighbor and great friend happened to be a nephew of Tank.

It was always a big party when uncle Tank came to town.

I did have the pleasure of camping with him and Debbie on their only trip to Glamis, I think the ride scared the s**t out of them.

I know when his son passed away he was never the same. Truly missed.

RIP duner.

GlamisChick, most likely before most of lots of peoples time here, she was Kenny G's wife and a great lady Cancer got her to early she had a heart of gold and a smile that would make you smile, met her in the early 2000s we had lots of laughs and many good dune rides, miss her
we lost her almost 18 years ago, I miss Her everyday.

My neighbor Mike K....... just built this cover for his 5th wheel....that is his son in laws...he never even got to see his new 5th wheel........Going to miss him.....he was a great guy and like a brother to me. 

He's on the left.....that's our other neighbor Tim on the right.....

image.jpeg

Back