In Memoriam

MWB

Reaction score
After the board got up and going again  I found myself going thru the members list and it was amazing some of the people who have come back just to  re-register.  It also got me to thinking of the ones who will not. 

I asked the powers that be to make a forum where we could bring them back in our own special way's.  This is the place to remember those lost board members who we can no longer go visit their profiles and read the stories they shared.

Good topic.

A few names come to mind  😞

OK I will start this one I want to remember Schwinn or IRL Steve Havirland I met Steve in High School about 1980 he was always fun to be with and we were always going someplace new, Steve invited me to go with him to Glamis in about 1984 he was riding a 84 Atc 250 I came out in my Trans Am with no bike just to see what Glamis was all about I arrived at sunset and he met me at the wash rd and lead me into camp about wash 6 or so about an hour latter we were riding the big bowls double  at night with buggies and that one 55 watt halogen for light,I had my own ATC and motorcycle so I knew how to be a passenger but I had no idea how big the dunes were but I found out the next morning on the morning double ride, that was the first of many days spent in Glamis together and many other adventures like the desert dash and the Base lake 250.

please continue this post with memories of your own I know he arranged an ATC 70 event at Duffy Land and was part of many other people lives.

post-37104-1344145438_thumb 2.jpg

PAULS IPHONE 099 2.jpg

IMG_1064 2.jpgIMG_0264 2.jpg

I miss sachez (I think I'm spelling it wrong, can't figure out his screen name and apologize). Kevin was a great man. Only had the pleasure of meeting and hanging with him for one weekend in Ocotillo  but always appreciated his posts on gd.com.

I miss sachez (I think I'm spelling it wrong, can't figure out his screen name and apologize). Kevin was a great man. Only had the pleasure of meeting and hanging with him for one weekend in Ocotillo  but always appreciated his posts on gd.com.
Kevin was definitely one awesome individual, he was the very definition of "dune family"

Big Block Tank. Tank was not what you would call a mellow person his personality was a lot like his name, He could become a bull in a china shop at the drop of a hat.  If you didn't know or understand flag etiquette Tank was going to school you on it. You would not win an argument on it.

Tank first showed up around here trying to get his beam car finished up and in a few short days was claiming he was going to go to a BBQ 150 miles away and was bringing more food that we could all eat. Sure enough Tank showed up with racks of ribs, briskets, wings a smokers a BBQ and a desire to make sure every one was fed. His Good Ole Boy Southern Attitude could make friends and enemy's just as easy on the internet but if anybody needed something he was willing to help out any way he could. 

There was a lot of things good and bad I am sure that he did behind the scenes and the good always out weighed the bad.  This was evident when the Glamis Fairy had a Nice ATC70  built for him and surprised him ( to the point of just about tears)  with it at the SSSS one year. 

He offered more times than I could remember to come visit him and Lil Debbie in Tucson for Drinks and Pizza. Wish i would of taken him up on the invite before the demons in his head got to him.   

Saychz316 was Kevin's board name. I got to know Kevin later in his life. He was fighting cancer and I had my first battle at hand at that time. We had quite a few pm's back and forth regarding our issues that I would go back and read from time to time. One I always wanted to find the right time to post and share with you all. What I can say from that post was he loved his wife and kids to the moon.  He had his fight but he didnt want to burden others with it.  I hope he found some comfort in talking with me as I did with him.

RIP Kevin

minnion.jpg

ASTARS AKA Eddie Bradshaw, he's actually the reason I'm on the board... he took me out to the Vet's day gathering in '05 and I've been here since. We had been friends since the late 80's and his loss was sudden and very unexpected. RIP my friend. These images were from a BBQ we had at our place with a bunch of friends we made here @Scataloni

IMGP1289.JPG

IMGP1297.JPG

Big Block Tank. Tank was not what you would call a mellow person his personality was a lot like his name, He could become a bull in a china shop at the drop of a hat.  If you didn't know or understand flag etiquette Tank was going to school you on it. You would not win an argument on it.

Tank first showed up around here trying to get his beam car finished up and in a few short days was claiming he was going to go to a BBQ 150 miles away and was bringing more food that we could all eat. Sure enough Tank showed up with racks of ribs, briskets, wings a smokers a BBQ and a desire to make sure every one was fed. His Good Ole Boy Southern Attitude could make friends and enemy's just as easy on the internet but if anybody needed something he was willing to help out any way he could. 

There was a lot of things good and bad I am sure that he did behind the scenes and the good always out weighed the bad.  This was evident when the Glamis Fairy had a Nice ATC70  built for him and surprised him ( to the point of just about tears)  with it at the SSSS one year. 

He offered more times than I could remember to come visit him and Lil Debbie in Tucson for Drinks and Pizza. Wish i would of taken him up on the invite before the demons in his head got to him.   

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0890.JPG

This is wonderful to read and I agree with EVERYTHING  that has been said about these wonderful members..

If I may add one that Hit me hard just about a year ago was Sandzilla..Clay was a Great man with a Heart of Gold and there is no way anyone could be around that guy without smiling. Cancer took him too soon and he will be forever missed

Saychz316 was Kevin's board name. I got to know Kevin later in his life. He was fighting cancer and I had my first battle at hand at that time. We had quite a few pm's back and forth regarding our issues that I would go back and read from time to time. One I always wanted to find the right time to post and share with you all. What I can say from that post was he loved his wife and kids to the moon.  He had his fight but he didnt want to burden others with it.  I hope he found some comfort in talking with me as I did with him.

RIP Kevin

Somebody posted a great picture of him. It was one of the map programs street views and he was in his driveway, beer in hand, and flipping off the camera. 

I got a chance to meet Astar, Big Block Tank.... both with huge hearts and amazing people. Saychz was a long time camping friend and co-worker and miss him dearly.  You should always cherish every moment with all your friends and family as time passes fast.  You never realize how much you miss someone when there gone.  The picture of Kevin “ saychz” is from a google map pic.  Total epic.  RIP to all

C8887402-6423-4B07-ADDB-00636FD97153.jpeg

CFD07840-CFBC-4119-9C14-655090542326.jpeg

I miss Mike "Elder Geek" .....Man could he Fry a turkey / rip up a quad ride and fix a dented :atc70:  tank....Great guy!!!! You just never know the heart ache someone is going thru when you are with them.  Truely sad when life ends like that........Sometimes you never know what you say can help someone that is down  and bring them up.  RIP Mike!!!!

Also miss the atc 70 gatherings wih Steve "Schwinn"  what  a cool guy! He always had great gatherings and would help anyone in the off road community. GOOD FRIEND!

Saychz316 was a great guy too.....ALWAYS lending a hand.......I remember when I met him.....helped me break a chain to get a kid back on a 70 ride. What a Cool Guy!

Gary from Jet Trim.....Another guy that left too soon!!!!!! Loved Nastalgic Jet Skies and Honda 70's..........Drove that Funco like he stole it!!!!!

Life is one effed up place......you never know when you will spend the last time with a buddy............Everyone dies.....some go way too soon! Its really easy to judge people. We are in some serious messed up times in the world today. anxiosity.....depression and flat out anger everywhere. Enjoy the people around you while you have them / You just NEVER know!

RIP fellow Duners!!!!

:poule:

schwinn wheelie.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1 hour ago, Poule43 said:

I miss Mike "Elder Geek" .....Man could he Fry a turkey / rip up a quad ride and fix a dented :atc70:  tank....Great guy!!!! You just never know the heart ache someone is going thru when you are with them.  Truely sad when life ends like that........Sometimes you never know what you say can help someone that is down  and bring them up.  RIP Mike!!!!

Also miss the atc 70 gatherings wih Steve "Schwinn"  what  a cool guy! He always had great gatherings and would help anyone in the off road community. GOOD FRIEND!

Saychz316 was a great guy too.....ALWAYS lending a hand.......I remember when I met him.....helped me break a chain to get a kid back on a 70 ride. What a Cool Guy!

Gary from Jet Trim.....Another guy that left too soon!!!!!! Loved Nastalgic Jet Skies and Honda 70's..........Drove that Funco like he stole it!!!!!

Life is one effed up place......you never know when you will spend the last time with a buddy............Everyone dies.....some go way too soon! Its really easy to judge people. We are in some serious messed up times in the world today. anxiosity.....depression and flat out anger everywhere. Enjoy the people around you while you have them / You just NEVER know!

RIP fellow Duners!!!!

:poule:

there is another pic on this day when Steve flips over backward do you have that one too

Back