Implements in the Sand

Time to finally replace the fronts on my small/light buggy (15+ years on these guys) and STU no longer sells a 7.60x15 razorback.  Running a 1300+ rear paddle, so don't want to go as large as an 8.50x15. 

Looking at implements, but not sure on them.  I like a lot of front end bite and not sure how implements compare to a razorback.  Anyone have them and been disappointed?
I have some you can borrow

I ran some xtreme 8,80 single ribs.I got them cheap with wheels so worth the try and i really liked them they light and worked great.They eventually were showing cracking wear so i had to replace them and they were no longer made,I also run a 13.00 rear tire on a 10 inch wide wheel.

Since being in az i got tired of swapping tires after trips up front so found a great deal on 33 baja pros i like em but still prefer the 8,80 for fronts in sand.I like to try and find the 30 inch baja pros but hear not made anymore and people want a fortune so i may find another pair of 33s and get the fronts shaved slightly

check out the Tusk sand lite UTV tire at rockymountain.  Comes in a 32-15, light, good bite and are cheap.  I run them on a RZR turbo S and like them.  I even put them on my YXZ1000 because the smoothies I had pushed too much.  FWIW, I don't love the tusk matching rear tires.

I ran some xtreme 8,80 single ribs.I got them cheap with wheels so worth the try and i really liked them they light and worked great.They eventually were showing cracking wear so i had to replace them and they were no longer made,I also run a 13.00 rear tire on a 10 inch wide wheel.

Since being in az i got tired of swapping tires after trips up front so found a great deal on 33 baja pros i like em but still prefer the 8,80 for fronts in sand.I like to try and find the 30 inch baja pros but hear not made anymore and people want a fortune so i may find another pair of 33s and get the fronts shaved slightly
Nice.  Biggest concern I have is a larger front tire transferring weight rearward, which is a problem as it is...

From time to time I will run a dirt tire up front in the sand (rears as well). I have found that a square edged narrow dirt tire grips surprisingly well. I use a 33x10.50/15 on a 4” wheel.  If you have a set it might be worth it to give them a try before you spend $$ on implements. For whatever reason, BFG KO all terrains work the best at least with my set up and driving style.

So I have ran both types of implements and really prefer a razor back the tractor tires just didn’t cut it for me. Sure you can find something in a razor back that will fit your needs better than implements.

The stu8.50 is shorter than the 8.80 be  a good combo with the 13.00

Back