Implements in the Sand

Rockwood

Reaction score
Time to finally replace the fronts on my small/light buggy (15+ years on these guys) and STU no longer sells a 7.60x15 razorback.  Running a 1300+ rear paddle, so don't want to go as large as an 8.50x15. 

Looking at implements, but not sure on them.  I like a lot of front end bite and not sure how implements compare to a razorback.  Anyone have them and been disappointed?

What is the overall size you are looking for?    My friend runs the Tensor UTV front tires on his rail.   Might want to look at some of the UTV tires for a 15" wheel.  Be cheaper and will get the job done on a lightweight buggy.  

What is the overall size you are looking for?    My friend runs the Tensor UTV front tires on his rail.   Might want to look at some of the UTV tires for a 15" wheel.  Be cheaper and will get the job done on a lightweight buggy.  
29" is about right.  30 is okay, but most UTV tires are wiiiiiiiiiiide if it's 30" tire on a 15" wheel that I've seen.

29" is about right.  30 is okay, but most UTV tires are wiiiiiiiiiiide if it's 30" tire on a 15" wheel that I've seen.
Most UTV tires in a 30" will be on a 14" wheel.   

Don't know about implements but Pacific Customs has many steer tires in the sizes your looking at. I have been using the Latest Rage tire with good success.

I have implements that came off my funco will those work

also have a used set of razor backs in good shape will have to check tomorrow on sizes and get pics

Don't know about implements but Pacific Customs has many steer tires in the sizes your looking at. I have been using the Latest Rage tire with good success.
They’re just up the road from me. Comparable to STUs?

They’re just up the road from me. Comparable to STUs?
I feel they are. The only issue I had with them is mounting them. When shipped they come with two beads together and like to stay formed that way. I had to put one bead on wheel, then space tire apart with soda cans between wheel and other bead, lay in sun for a day and let cool over night before I could mount other side.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about a 30'' Mickey Thompson Baja Pro, you could shave it or mohawk 
I think this would be his best option.   Might also want to call Skat Trac and see if they have something.  

20230531_121618.jpgThose 9.50 implement tires would work well for the size you need. You could also take them to Parkhouse and have them shaved to a Mohawk. That might give you a bit more bite in the turns. I had Parkhouse buff a set of Yokohama 33" for me a few weeks ago and it was $25 per tire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back