I would like suggestions on wifi cameras for in house.

We went with three of the wyse cameras with the memory cards.  We installed them last night and got them up and running.  They seem to work pretty bitchen and the zoom feature is nice. 

Instalation took a couple of minutes per camera and then we unplugged them and moved them into position.  

Next step when my SIL gets back from vacation is to get her phone setup too.  

Thanks for the input folks.  

Starting to install my security  as to. My brother owns Home Defense Security and installs systems in Az. He hooked me up with what is supposed to be the best stuff out. 16 ch full color night all the bells and whistles. No if they only would install themselves. A 6'2" 250 man snaking through a attic on a hot day to run cat 6 is a visual and verbal site to behold

20220530_141501.jpg

16544397069317276137838623399109.jpg

@Stugots, how many cameras are you going to install?  I'm thinking about putting some on the outside of our house once we are done painting.  

I looked at the Wyse cameras last night and the night vision is really quite good for as cheap as they are.  Not good enough optics for outside distance, If your hoping for real resolution.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ring is fine for in-house Wi-Fi IMO. I wouldn’t recommend them for outdoors… for an outdoor setup I like Swann… all hard wired cat-5 to power, etc. and those I don’t set for motion, have them running 24/7.

Ring is pricey though.

abc

Maybe I should start another thread for outside security stuff...  unless there already is one... 

I have three Ring cameras for the last 3 years, zero issues.  Multiple people can look at the videos.  Each person can adjust their notifications as well.  I have one with batteries, they only last a couple of months, recommend hard wired for power source.  My house had security lights already, I just replaced them with ring cameras with Security lights.

Clarity of a zoomed image. 

An easy way to present a very big question is ask yourself this. 

Do you need to read a license plate? Of course you want to say yes. The price difference to get there is big. I dont have a clue how much. The cameras Stugots is installing look awesome. Youre paying to get rid of pixelization is my guess. 

Wyze cameras work good outside to be like yep....that same german shepard came in the yard again. But they are not good enough to read a license plate.  

Starting to install my security  as to. My brother owns Home Defense Security and installs systems in Az. He hooked me up with what is supposed to be the best stuff out. 16 ch full color night all the bells and whistles. No if they only would install themselves. A 6'2" 250 man snaking through a attic on a hot day to run cat 6 is a visual and verbal site to behold

View attachment 33883

View attachment 33884

LTS is Rebranded Hikvision and they write their own Firmware for Cameras and NVRs.  (Same brand I use) I have installed a couple of these. Platinum Enterprise Level 64 Channel NVR 2U LTN8964-R  Ran more than 10,000' of Cat 5, and installed 58 4MP cameras for the most recent one.

ltn8964-r.png

Wyze cameras work good outside to be like yep....that same german shepard came in the yard again. But they are not good enough to read a license plate.  
At my office, we found this out the hard way.  But we tend to like learning the hard way there... not sure why we have to continue to learn the hard way.... pay it up front and don't look back!!!  

I have three Ring cameras for the last 3 years, zero issues.  Multiple people can look at the videos.  Each person can adjust their notifications as well.  I have one with batteries, they only last a couple of months, recommend hard wired for power source.  My house had security lights already, I just replaced them with ring cameras with Security lights.
Same here. My wife set her notices for only the door, where I get it for everything. The only complaint I have it’s at times I get an alert and it can take awhile to go live. Sometimes by the time I get on live the Amazon or UPS guy is walking away or in the driveway.

Overall though I’ve had great luck with Ring. I did have one camera that went off line. It was the only battery one I have. After charging the battery it would not restore. I called Ring (Great & fast customer service, no bouncing you around in India crap!) they tried to get it to come back online and could not do it. They shipped me a new camera and a return tag to send the old one back at no charge. Can’t beat that! 

My front yard is good sized and I have two cameras with overlapping coverage, then the door bell that slightly overlaps one camera. So there is no getting around it. The backyard has one camera that covers most of the yard, but not good enough to ID someone from a far. A second camera would be better, but my primary focus was the pool area. If someone was to fall in or drowned, we would get an alert and have a recording of it. Plus I can see my pool maintenance guy and know exactly how long they are spending and what they are doing. Lol! I have a great pool service company that actually tracks their techs, so they don’t half ass it. The last camera is focused on the RV side of the house. I’ll already know your there from the front or rear cameras, but I’ll see what your doing once in the RV & trailer area. 

Back