I thought I needed another gray Grand Cherokee...

I posted above, but I paid $34k (plus TTL).  New it was a bit over $52k, in fact I was able to get the original window sticker: 

View attachment 11398

Pre-COVID-pricing I would guess a little closer to $30k.  That said, others I found with similar mileage (this one had just over 26k miles when I picked it up) were $40k+.  I would think you could get a V6

-TJ

Ahhh!! I fell for your clean look and somehow thought it was a V6 suddenly. Yeah, that Hemi will bring it up a few notches. Sweet ride! Can't wait to see what you do to it/with it. Just never got into the GCs, until I met someone who just had to have a Quadra-Lock(?) way back when. He sent me pictures of when he was done and I was floored. Whole different animal. Enjoy! 

Ahhh!! I fell for your clean look and somehow thought it was a V6 suddenly. Yeah, that Hemi will bring it up a few notches. Sweet ride! Can't wait to see what you do to it/with it. Just never got into the GCs, until I met someone who just had to have a Quadra-Lock(?) way back when. He sent me pictures of when he was done and I was floored. Whole different animal. Enjoy! 
Interestingly the Hemis of this generation (WK2) never had Hemi badges.  The only way to tell is the dual exhaust, though the EcoDiesels also had duals.  I'm digging the clean look, but also semi-regretting taking off the "GRAND CHEROKEE" on the doors that has unique coloring on the Trailhawk.  I may add it back, not sure.  FWIW, this is what the Trailhawk version of the GC badge looks like: 

55112902ad-68271456ad.jpg

My WJ (2003) had the Quadra Drive you're probably thinking of with the VariLok diffs.  It's actually a really good system and if you stay with a reasonable tire size works darn well.  When my WJ was on a 4" lift and 31.6" tires the QD functioned great and it was very capable.  I've taken it way further since, and all the QD stuff is now gone (247 T-case swapped to 242HD, axles swapped to JK Rubicon Recon edition D44s w/ E-lockers) cuz I'm S-M-R-T like that, lol.  

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cool!

Thanks for sharing.

:headbang:

Good stuff TJ. I considered something like this and looked at a couple but stuck with the JK. 

I bet its a great DD. You said its your Cali car, how much time do you stay here?

Good stuff TJ. I considered something like this and looked at a couple but stuck with the JK. 

I bet its a great DD. You said its your Cali car, how much time do you stay here?
Right not the large majority of my time.  That'll change in the coming years, but for now all week most weeks, and some weekends. 

-TJ

Back