How much fuel do you use?

For the dunes:

Are you running paddles or stock tires.

Reason I ask, is I run my can am aired down on the stock 32" Carnivores and in 4wd. My buddy Tim runs paddles in 2wd.

We went from cement flats, to flag pole, swingset, then the store and back...I barely used 1/4 tank, Tim almost ran out of gas!

Mine is a 2022 XRS turbo RR 2 seat (200hp), Tims is 2017 XRS turbo RR 2-seat (168hp)

Last edited by a moderator:
For the dunes:

Are you running paddles or stock tires.

Reason I ask, is I run my can am aired down on the stock 32" Carnivores and in 4wd. My buddy Tim runs paddles in 2wd.

We went from cement flats, to flag pole, swingset, then the store and back...I barely used 1/4 tank, Tim almost ran out of gas!

Mine is a 2022 XRS turbo RR 2 seat (200hp), Tims is 2017 XRS turbo RR 2-seat (168hp)
2WD definitely eats fuel from all the RPM.

2WD definitely eats fuel from all the RPM.
I am a 4WD guy 90% of the time. I will switch to 2WD for some of the quicker runs along Gecko.  Another guy in the group is a 4WD all the time while Pajama Guy is 2WD always refuses to put it in 4wd and refuses to believe it is faster to be in four. All three of us have the same paddles and the same cars and usually run about the same in gas.  If one of us does use more gas it is because they didn't fill all the way up or at all.

I am a 4WD guy 90% of the time. I will switch to 2WD for some of the quicker runs along Gecko.  Another guy in the group is a 4WD all the time while Pajama Guy is 2WD always refuses to put it in 4wd and refuses to believe it is faster to be in four. All three of us have the same paddles and the same cars and usually run about the same in gas.  If one of us does use more gas it is because they didn't fill all the way up or at all.
Well, FINE.  :biggrin:

When borrowing the wife's ride, I generally run 2WD because it's more fun that way.  Father in law when he borrows it, runs 4WD.  I use more fuel, but then again, I'm making the thing drift and slide everywhere, he's just following along for the ride.  :dunno:

I ran 22 miles a few nights ago (desert trails with some sand) and burned 2.89g of fuel (hand gonkulated). Mildly aggressive ride leading our neighbor who is quite conservative and it sucked down the fuel. Played with 2wd and 4wd and the Pro R turns like dog ass in 2wd. Off power steering is dismal at best so it will be staying in 4wd unless I'm on the street. I'm gonna go with 33x12 SS360s at all 4 corners to start (7" front wheels with 10" rears) and then grab a pair of 32" Blackbirds to pair with the SS360 fronts as well. 

Pretty much as everyone says here I figure 5 gal each ride. Give or take. That is has been with my Turbo cars and N/A cars too..The most I ever burned was in my X3 going from W22 to china then to Duners Diner and back through the dunes to Swing set and back but I was being very gentle on the throttle. My Buddy carrys a 2 gal roto on his 4 seat turbo talon because he can't make that round trip.

Back