How much do front brakes matter?

My 2 seater with 2.5 Subi doesn't have them. I have stood on the brakes and it didn't stop as fast as I would have wanted.  I'll probably look at converting them in the near future. Not a high priority.

I would think any 4 seater would definitely need them. 95% 2 seaters not so much.

Deal breaker no front brakes? I think not but depends on weight and how fast you typically drive.  My old SCU only has rear breaks and I have a 2.5 Subi Turbo and I haul sometimes but fast cruise most times and my group always switches leaders.  My car is very light probably 1300 lbs with me in it so I can stop pretty good and never really had to jam on brakes.  If the price is right and you like it then get it and add brakes later.  I do have Wilwood brakes and I know that makes a big difference.  

Thanks for all the advise.

It's like having a fire extinguisher....you may never need it....but when you do need it...nice to have it! 

Like others have said, if the deal is right and the car fits what you're looking for then know you can always upgrade to front brakes. 

New car builders are big dollars with long lead times, we all need to get used to finding used gems out there and willing to work on them to make them ours. 

Thanks for the input guys, appreciate it! Front brakes will be added if it doesn’t have them.

Back