High End Sandrail Insurance?

My rail is insured through Grundy, they were willing to cover it for 150k since I already have a muscle car and other vehicles through them.

My rail is insured through Grundy, they were willing to cover it for 150k since I already have a muscle car and other vehicles through them.
I need to try them - My classics are under Haggerty now but I have no issue moving them  -  did you do it online?  did they just want pictures or did you need an appraisal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn I just registered it in CA...
Never done it myself but I have have several friends that have cars green stickered and registered in CA but use a AZ address to get a higher dollar amount for insurance.  Not sure who the underwriter is but I know it's possible.  

EDIT: to add- I've also heard that once you file a claim for a sandrail it's gonna really tough to get another policy.

Never done it myself but I have have several friends that have cars green stickered and registered in CA but use a AZ address to get a higher dollar amount for insurance.  Not sure who the underwriter is but I know it's possible.  

EDIT: to add- I've also heard that once you file a claim for a sandrail it's gonna really tough to get another policy.
Thanks for the advise! I talked to one of my insurance companies and they were able to do an AZ policy on it, but recommended to transfer it to AZ soon....

What is everyones premium like? I was quoted around $600 for 6 months. Stated value was 85k

Thanks for the advise! I talked to one of my insurance companies and they were able to do an AZ policy on it, but recommended to transfer it to AZ soon....

What is everyones premium like? I was quoted around $600 for 6 months. Stated value was 85k
Full coverage at $50k for about $800/year.

I need to try them - My classics are under Haggerty now but I have no issue moving them  -  did you do it online?  did they just want pictures or did you need an appraisal?
Didn't need an appraisal, sent the purchase invoice and let them know of the additional upgrades that put the value at $150k. Cost for the rail is $2600 for the year. My agent set it up through Grundy.

Based on what I was told from a local hotrod shop, Haggerty=heartache if you file a claim on a classic car. It will get repaired but Haggerty wants to approve every nut and bolt that goes back into the car. Grundy wants to make you whole and the repair will take half as long working with them.

Back