High End Sandrail Insurance?

Laserguy

Reaction score
Lots of really nice cars on this site and in Glamis! Who do you guys use for insurance? Does the HP matter? Is it stated value or appraised?

Last edited by a moderator:
It will need to be appraised.  $50k max in California.  A few years ago my policy said NA engines only, no power adders meaning no turbos or super charger.  Current policy writer didn't seem to care about my super charger.

It will need to be appraised.  $50k max in California.  A few years ago my policy said NA engines only, no power adders meaning no turbos or super charger.  Current policy writer didn't seem to care about my super charger.
Thanks for the info. Who do you have for your policy? 50k seems low for a lot of the cars in Glamis. Some side x sides cost that much now!

Thanks for the info. Who do you have for your policy? 50k seems low for a lot of the cars in Glamis. Some side x sides cost that much now!
I do value my car at over $50k but can't do anything about it in California.  Some coverage is better than none at all.  I've heard about insurance places in AZ that'll let you get a policy there.  I'm sure someone will chime in about it.

I have read many threads with people saying in CA they are get insurance of 50K and more maybe some are grandfathered??)   ... Foremost, Statefarm etc... Every time I called they said  "no new policies accepted"  I even told state farm I would move All my cars there they said they would take other cars, RV and boat, but not sand car. My current Allstate is 25K max and I am grandfathered  - they don't issue new policies, if I change cars they let me switch to a new car. If the car is  "special construction" they require an appraisal and certification and they still only write 25K.

Do SxS guys have this issue?  I see many of them worth over 50K ... And it seems if you have a "loan" on them the lender would demand replacement coverage?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have read many threads with people saying in CA they are get insurance of 50K and more maybe some are grandfathered??)   ... Foremost, Statefarm etc... Every time I called they said  "no new policies accepted"  I even told state farm I would move All my cars there they said they would take other cars, RV and boat, but not sand car. My current Allstate is 25K max and I am grandfathered  - they don't issue new policies, if I change cars they let me switch to a new car. If the car is  "special construction" they require an appraisal and certification and they still only write 25K.

Do SxS guys have this issue?  I see many of them worth over 50K ... And it seems if you have a "loan" on them the lender would demand replacement coverage?
My current policy was brand new and I got $50k coverage.  I've done several appraisals for sandrail owners over the years.  I used Bostick Insurance Agency 626-589-1936 @theboatinsuranceexpert on Instagram.  They specialize in hotrods, boats, off-road toys, and were really easy to deal with.

My current policy was brand new and I got $50k coverage.  I've done several appraisals for sandrail owners over the years.  I used Bostick Insurance Agency 626-589-1936 @theboatinsuranceexpert on Instagram.  They specialize in hotrods, boats, off-road toys, and were really easy to deal with.
Jeff- I am gonna give them a call - thanks

I recently got a policy from Foremost so they are still offering. As others have indicated, limited to $50k though. 

If you can use an Arizona address there are folks that will insure it for up to about 200k. I have mine insured for near that and I live in Utah but my folks have a winter place in Bouse.

I have State Farm and they are a pain but I have had a sand car insured with them since 08, don't  think they are writing any new polices they really do not like sand cars.

I think they have way more exposure with the sxs polices but our XX was way easier to insure than the sand car not inexpensive but easier.

Most carriers are getting out of Sand Cars due to the high HP and frequency of claims in that book. If you are in AZ, feel free to reach out to me. I have an independent agency in Scottsdale and I do work with carriers that will go up to 200K on Sand Cars.

If you can use an Arizona address there are folks that will insure it for up to about 200k. I have mine insured for near that and I live in Utah but my folks have a winter place in Bouse.
Do you have it registered for street use in AZ?

Most carriers are getting out of Sand Cars due to the high HP and frequency of claims in that book. If you are in AZ, feel free to reach out to me. I have an independent agency in Scottsdale and I do work with carriers that will go up to 200K on Sand Cars.
Damn I just registered it in CA...

Damn I just registered it in CA...
Bummer...  I may know a source that does Inland Marine policies up to 500K, but its more of a commercial property policy and the premium is a tad higher. If I can get their info I will post it up.  Maybe an option for some wanting to protect their car for more than 50K. 

I have State Farm and they are a pain but I have had a sand car insured with them since 08, don't  think they are writing any new polices they really do not like sand cars.

I think they have way more exposure with the sxs polices but our XX was way easier to insure than the sand car not inexpensive but easier.
I could not get a foremost or state farm quote . But some people say they can- its possible thats its an individual broker preference.  I find it so hard to believe that there are more sand car claims overall and percentage than SxS's. One 20 minute video of UTV fails literally has dozens of crashed SxS's.  I wonder if most SxS's are insured for replacement value?

I could not get a foremost or state farm quote . But some people say they can- its possible thats its an individual broker preference.  I find it so hard to believe that there are more sand car claims overall and percentage than SxS's. One 20 minute video of UTV fails literally has dozens of crashed SxS's.  I wonder if most SxS's are insured for replacement value?
I Agree on the SxS's always seem to see a lot more SxS's crashed burned up etc than sand cars. I actually elected to self insure my car except for liability, they want an outrages price to full cover the car because of turbo and HP and will not do comp with out full coverage. I figure the only way I can lose is if it is stolen or burns up, if I crash it there is nothing I can't fix. I am really careful about security and anal about fuel, oil leaks etc. Also my car is not a super high dollar car either but for what they want for full coverage you would think it is.   

I have a $3m umbrella policy on my house, cars, quad, and sxs, cant you do the same with a high dollar rail? I know in the HIPO boating world insurance is a killer for go fast MTI's and such. 

I have a $3m umbrella policy on my house, cars, quad, and sxs, cant you do the same with a high dollar rail? I know in the HIPO boating world insurance is a killer for go fast MTI's and such. 
It is true about umbrella coverage, mine has classic car and boat exemptions (Allstate). HiPo boat insurance was also an issue, but when I went went away from performance Cats to V bottoms  - like SxS's it got easy

Back