Help scorpion car steering shaft and rack

Desertanddune

Reaction score
While out this weekend had steering shaft come off rack.

Shaft bent and mount on rack for steering shaft is stripped.

I spent the day looking for anything close to replacment parts, and cant find anything.

Can anyone help with suggestion or part knowledge would greatly appreciate it 

TIA

Close but hook up for tie rod on mine are longer.   Looks to be about 6+ inches long . in 3rd picture you can see where tie rod hooks to rack and Mount rack piece is 

Also mounting holes look different. I will take measurement tomorrow afternoon and post 

Close but hook up for tie rod on mine are longer.   Looks to be about 6+ inches long . in 3rd picture you can see where tie rod hooks to rack and Mount rack piece is 

Also mounting holes look different. I will take measurement tomorrow afternoon and post 
It is the same rack,  Scorpion just makes extensions on the ends.  If you slide the boots out of the way,  you will see were they attach to the original rack.

It looks as if they took the Latest Rage rack and just unscrewed the clevis out of the end and installed there own.

Thank you I will look at it when i get home.  See where I'm at. Ill take better pic if I can and measurements 

Thank you I will look at it when i get home.  See where I'm at. Ill take better pic if I can and measurements 
You are not understanding.  The rack is the same as the one link that was posted.  You have extension pieces attached to lengthen you current rack. The attachment points are most likely hidden by the rubber boots.  If you remove the boots,  you will see how it was extended and most likely bolts to the end of the standard rack. 

Pulled boot back, yes thank you every one for your help .

Now next piece replacing steering shaft ??? 

1004211716.jpg

Sill looks like Latest Rage with clevis removed and some type of modification done. BTW not ALL Scorpion cars are done like this as I have changed R&P on others.

Maybe a photo that's not so close so we can see everything. Still you should be able to take your tie rods and install them into a new rack from what I've seen.

So taking it apart found out threads on rod from steering rack are stripped.  Its obvious they are one off .

Should I try and build new one welding clevis to new rod? 

Should I get longer tierods and do away with the rod from box to tie rod ?  ... And go from steering rack to spindle ?

Back