Gun collection info

Grabbed a few model numbers from the collection. Fun to look them up and then check YouTube to see them in action amd learn the details.

Marlin 39A 22lr lever action

Marlin Model 989 M2 1968-1978

Mossberg 183KE 410 GA 2 1/2" or 3" 1947-1960

Winchester Model 67-22 Short 1934-1963

Remington Matchmaster Model 513T

20230207_194648.jpg

If you want a no hassle easy way to sell all your guns. 1 gun or hundreds. They pick them up or you can take it there. They are in Simi Valley. They came to Washington state for most of the guns and stuff.

https://lsbauctions.com/

They took care of everything and charge 20% to sell them. No headaches. We had them come and sell all of my FIL's guns, reloading supplies and dies,  etc.

26 guns, many holsters, knives, ammo, etc. guns 20% and most of all the other stuff was 25% I think. They sell the other stuff on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything sold for more than we thought. Many odd guns. 

Lever action rifles are pretty popular right now. You can search your guns on their auctions to get a value of the gun when it nears the end. Also I think you can search the sold items also to get an idea of value.

Everything sold for more than we thought. Many odd guns. 
Ya, but you likely would have made 3x more with a little effort.

Most gun enthusiasts worst nightmare is that their family will sell their collection off.  We have hopes our families will pass them down and enjoy them for generations. Also, we know they'll never sell them for their actual worth.

When my Dad passed away a couple of years ago, the only thing I asked for from the estate was the guns and the safe.  Siblings took tractors, motorhome, enclosed trailer, quads and so forth.  Super lucky nobody fought thru the process.

Most gun enthusiasts worst nightmare is that their family will sell their collection off.  We have hopes our families will pass them down and enjoy them for generations. Also, we know they'll never sell them for their actual worth.
I don't know but they sold for quite a bit over what they paid for them. Even with the 20% commission. Oh well.  :dunno: At least they went to gun enthusiasts!

I have no intention of selling the collection.  I actually bought it.  It's a kind of weird situation.

Short version-My mom and 'step dad' Paul have been together for 43 years, but never married.  So he and I aren't legally relatives.  He had 3 daughters from his first marriage and his son-in-law Neil is the exectutor of his estate.  Once the trust was sorted out and his daughters could began selling his cars, trailers and his Harley they contacted me. His truck, Harley and a couple small trailers sold quickly.  I inquired about the guns and safe and we set up a day to meet up at his house.  We laid all the guns on the table and Neil said he had looked some of them up for values.  He is not a gun guy at all, just doing his due diligence for his wife and SIL's as hes's the exectutor.  He would say oh this one is at $600, how about $300?  I'd say yes and we'd move to the next gun.  This one is around $900, how about $600, and repeat.  He was able to get 'values' for about half the guns.  Once we had agreed on everything and had a total, which I'm not sharing, Neil said we'd need to go to a gun store and get them into his wife's name and then into my name.  I told him I had cash on hand and we could avoid all that.  He was plesanly surprised, done and done.  A few days later I went back at night so it wasn't weird walking out of a house carrying 10 long guns, and picked up all my stuff.

Besides sellng the house there is a lot more stuff.  Paul was a carpenter and has a huge 240v table saw and lots of wood working tools.  Some are 20-30 years old, some are newer.  Hopefully they can find a person that will make them a fair offer to buy it all. 

When I was young Paul used to restore 55 and 57 Chevy's.  He stopped and sold his cars when I was around 13 yrs old.  He's had a few cars over the years and recently had my son help him get them ready to sell a few.  He sold his 1953 Chevy coupe last summer and just had his 1956 Ford F100 left.  I'm not a Ford guy but I've always liked this particular truck.  He bought it around 1994/95 when he saw it on the side of the road near my Mom's house in Altadena.  He cruised it around for a few weeks and I drove it to his house in Montrose.  It was a 'three on the tree' and had a small block Chevy.  Around 1999-2000 a good friend of mine had a hotrod shop in Montrose and Paul had him cut the front end up and install a Fat Man Mustang II suspension kit.  He also bought a target 350 SBC from another buddy of mine.  The truck was parked in his backyard, torn apart, and has been sitting there for the past 20+ years.  In 20I8 tried to get him to sell it to my son for a first vehicle but Paul said he was going to put it together.  He never touched it.

Paul's son-in-law Neil asked me if I know of anyone interested in buying the 56 Ford and I said I'm sure I do, what are you gus asking for it?  He said Paul told them it was worth $10k.  I said what's my price and he threw me a number I could not say no to.  One more project I have zero for.  First thing I need to do is make time to go over and find all the frint suspension stuff so I can make it a roller and get it to my house.  Then I'll need to dig out all the other parts.  

Weird? naw, just how life works out in reality.

Cool you got the collection and the truck at "family" pricing.

Estates and Trusts can go south real fast, you got out super easy. :cheers:

I have no guns! They were stolen and a couple were lost in Lake Havasu along with many pairs of sun glasses and a couple wallets and phones.  Honest, Scouts Honor! :bag:

Stopped by my Dad's to measure the gun safe and take a better look inside it. Effing score! My dad kept paperwork and receipts for EVERYTHING he bought. I found the 'gun' file and it has gun store receipts, manuals, and even hand written receipts for guns he bought. I found a Big 5 invoice for the Mossberg 13 gauge my Dad bought from a friend of mine in 1991. That friend fell off the planet around the same time but it brought up some memories. 

Also found the chokes for the Browning I sold him and now own again and a few scopes. 

20230210_165050.jpg

20230210_165100.jpg

20230210_165142.jpg

20230210_165556.jpg

20230210_165021.jpg

I got that squared away with my kids. I told my son there’s 2 guns they cannot sell it’s my 1911 and my armalite m15a2.  They must be passed down I have a 30-30 my dad gave me it’s going to my nephew who’s 15 but shoots a lot and wants a lever action. My son said he probably wouldn’t shoot it as much. 

I told my son the rest they can keep or sell but look up value and get top dollar 

You can sell guns on gunbroker w/o a license.  They win the bid, they then send you a copy of their dealer's license.  You check the license on the ATF website.  You ship it to their dealer (the address on the license)....tis dat simple.  Their dealer handles the delivery/sale in their state.

Long-guns ship for $25-$35.....pistols for $150-$200 (They have to go Fedex overnite....and this cost is a problem).

My step sisters sold the house quickly so the pressure is on to move the gun safe and 1956 F100 I bought. I called a local moving company in Montrose and they asked for pics of the safe and any stairs at pick up and delivery. Sent them the info and they got right back to me with a cost- four guys for about 3-4 hours for $980. That was almost double what I anticipated. Talked to my son and he said he and some buddies were willing to do the job. 

A good friend owns a huge plumbing business and has an electric appliance dolly that climbs stairs and a hydraulic drop deck trailer. I hit him up to borrow his equipment and headed to his shop. I've used the trailer several times to move large tools boxes, a lathe and a mill. The electric dolly was new to me but rated at 1200lbs. The safe is around 650lbs.

Went to my dad's with my son and his buddy to see if we could get this done. I was skeptical having never moved a gun safe before. We wrapped it in moving blankets and duct tape and strapped the dolly to it. My son and his buddy tilted it back and said they felt confident so we headed through the house toward the front door. Once we got the safe onto the porch and lined up with the step my son hit the switch sure as sh!t the dolly climbed right down. 5 steps later it was in the driveway and then loaded onto the drop deck trailer. I was really surprised how well the move was going.

We got it unloaded at my house and had a single step to climb onto the porch then 3 steps into my living room. My walkway, porch and stairs are all flagstone and not smooth. The dolly climbed up the first step easily amd we lined it up with the Front door. As it climbed a piece of the flagstone step chipped off so we stopped. I grabbed some plywood scraps and lined the steps. That worked and we got the safe into the house. A few more turns and it was set in place. 

The move went great and didn't cost me anything but time. Including going to get the trailer and dolly and moving the safe we were at about an hour total. Biggest benefit was working with my son and his buddy to show them, and me, that we could get the job done. 

20230317_164929.jpg

20230317_164111.jpg

20230329_175629.jpg

85132.jpeg

20230329_183621.jpg

My old safes have doors that come off easily, cutting weight by 30%.  Not sure if modern safes are the same.

I helped a buddy move a really big safe several years ago with just a dolly.  Up 3 steps.  Even with 5 dudes total, I thought we were gonna die.

My old safes have doors that come off easily, cutting weight by 30%.  Not sure if modern safes are the same.

I helped a buddy move a really big safe several years ago with just a dolly.  Up 3 steps.  Even with 5 dudes total, I thought we were gonna die.
It may have been removable but I didn't see how. Would have made it easier.

Back