Greetings from Oahu

+1 for North Shore. And make sure you stop at Dole Plantation and at least get a pineapple whip - yum. If you are around Waikiki, House Without a Key has a good breakfast buffet (call for reservation). 

+1 for North Shore. And make sure you stop at Dole Plantation and at least get a pineapple whip - yum. If you are around Waikiki, House Without a Key has a good breakfast buffet (call for reservation). 
We are staying in the Hotel right behind there. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Been out and about checking things out. My moms boyfriend was a Colonel in the Army and his buddy was a Lt Commander. The buddy rented a Condo here and staying for a year. We met up with them and had drinks at the Condo. Friggen beautiful view from their living room. 280 degree view of the water.

Saw some Fireworks last night from our place. Going to the Hale Koa for dinner tonight. Had a personal tour yesterday of the Air Museum at Pearl Harbor. Being with two aviators was extra special. Getting so much first hand knowledge from these 2 guys is priceless. 

Tripped around the North Shore and did some of the usual stuff. Ate off the food trucks, etc. We went into Bellows AF base and checked out the cabins on the beach. Available to military only for like $20 a night. Pretty cool spot. Home to the first UDT's. Precursor to the Navy Seal. 

We will do the Polynesian Cultural center at some point. The wife wanted to do the Juraissic park tour until she saw the prices. Luckily she's cheap like me and said no way. haha.

I darn near grew up on bellows. We used to goto the beach there all of the time when I was a kid. As I got older, sandy beach was the place to be.  Ironically I don't think I've ever stepped foot on the base.  

Back