Greetings from Oahu

Hondajimz

Reaction score
Well, I showed up last night to discover it's supposed to rain all week. Any recommendations on fun things to do while I'm here outside of the obvious. IE Pearl Harbor, Punchbowl Cemetary. 

Guess I'll have to wait until the Funco regatta to get some sunshine !!!  

Drive to the North Shore and spend a day in Haleiwa, so many good places to eat, drink and shop.

We did all the other stuff too...Dole Plantation, Poly Cult Center Luau, Snorkel Hanauma Bay, Pearl Harbor...

I love Oahu.

200.gif

Good food places...sister in law lives there... Dukes,  hula grille in the outrigger...North shore is fun....snorkeling...be careful..hungry Tigers suck. 

Waimea falls on north shore is real easy hike (asphalt) with a cart option. It’s more of a tourist attraction but the valley you  hike was where a primitive town was and is still there. A lot of movies were filmed there. The water fall and the river feeds in to Wiamea bay. Watch out for all the chicken everywhere on north shore. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Scones at the bakery Diamond Head Bakery... Leonard's has malasata's ... then theres a place by pearl harbor for mocho loco, the 49er cafe.....I think or just 49er....great food , small joint full of military people in uniform heading to pearl

Waimea falls on north shore is real easy hike (asphalt) with a cart option. It’s more of a tourist attraction but the valley you  hike was where a primitive town was and is still there. A lot of movies were filmed there. The water fall and the river feeds in to Wiamea bay. Watch out for all the chicken everywhere on north shore. 
Not if its raining.

Been to Oahu many times. If the weather sucks, more often than not the Westside is much nicer. (Makaha) Its kinda like a desert over there. 

Back