Good bye Mother G! Hello St. Anthony? Pocatello, ID. Permanetly?

Did a trip up to Idaho last summer with my daughter. Spent time in Maridian and Sand Point.

Wasn't to impressed with the Boise/Maridian area (it's mostly flat), but freaking fell in LOVE with Sand Point!!! So my kinna place. Pine trees, mountains, and a big ol lake to go boating in. Checks all the boxes for me.

Loved seeing guys walking around with a 9mm in plain view on their hips. Loved seeing ammo on the shelves in the store, right next to the coffee and shit. Nothing was locked up up there!

I've been to St Anthony's twice, but never really explored the area around it.

Although I do know someone that has some Nice lots for sale up there.

You guys probably know him too. I'll text this thread to him right now. 👍🏼

Last edited:
Doesn't even seem like a choice to be made....why you waiting?

ID > AZ

You can always still go to Glamis still.

I know a lot of people that moved to Idaho from Havasu.. After the first winter, most of them came back. LOL.

St George Utah seems to have a pretty good retention rate of people I know that moved either from So Cal or AZ.

RD

Have friends in the Idaho falls area…. It gets COLD in the winter but the other seasons are great! Actually stopped at St Anthony and spoke with a lady in the main store there and she was from SoCal and grew up going to Glamis…. She said it definitely does not have the giant endless dunes that Glamis has but there are some areas that have huge bowls that are similar to G… she said she loves it up there and will never go back. I’d be up in the Pocatello/Rigby/Rexburg area if the wife could handle the cold and just commute to work. For now I’m stuck down in socal until I retire.

Have friends in the Idaho falls area…. It gets COLD in the winter but the other seasons are great! Actually stopped at St Anthony and spoke with a lady in the main store there and she was from SoCal and grew up going to Glamis…. She said it definitely does not have the giant endless dunes that Glamis has but there are some areas that have huge bowls that are similar to G… she said she loves it up there and will never go back. I’d be up in the Pocatello/Rigby/Rexburg area if the wife could handle the cold and just commute to work. For now I’m stuck down in socal until I retire.
Thanks.

Looks like from end of November to end of February is cold. High of 45°. I think I’m good with being able to do day trips to St. Anthony to enjoy the fast sand! Also we are Harley riders and it opens up years of new roads. Same with dirt biking. Been everywhere around southwest. Plus we would be getting a sxs, scratch that a jeep (heater) for exploring as well.

We are tired of the pool and the lakes we don’t go to the beach (so cal) every year anymore. Kids and us sit inside all summer (if not by the water)

Wife works in hvac has many heater lines to make sure any work space I’ll have is comfortable.

We are definitely not snow people but would like seasons and this place seems that like Denver or so they’ll get storms and usually never more than a few inches and is gone in the next couple days. We could handle that.

Back