Glamis Veterans Day Gathering 2022 Info

Anyone outside of earshot of the PAs keep the music down and turn your race radios to BFG Relay at 151.715

Anyone outside of Glamis stay tuned to @glamisveterans on YouTube and Facebook (possibly a few other platforms), this year's event will also be a live production streamed online.

Made it home finally and while the car isn't in one piece all of our people are. It was quite the week in the dunes but we somehow managed to pull off the ceremony. I stuffed the car on the way back and didn't make it to camp until 9pm from the ceremony, had to bring the car and everything home from storage already, may be out of G for a while until humpty dumpty gets put back together.

Thanks to everyone who came as well as tuned in for some of the ceremony - we had some technical issues with the Starlink for the live stream and the full video production will be up as soon as we are able. Learned some valuable lessons about using wireless mics while smashing a 100w vhf broadcast directly next to it...

Appreciate everyone of the volunteers and can't thank them enough for making the magic happen.

I'll do a post mortem and full wrap up soon but wanted to  stop by and say thanks to everyone and apologize for the technical difficulties and getting off schedule after the fact with being stuck in the dunes. :cheers:

It was a great time and believe you all doing a great job. It is always my must do trip and seeing how many people attend always gives me hope. 

Made it home finally and while the car isn't in one piece all of our people are. It was quite the week in the dunes but we somehow managed to pull off the ceremony. I stuffed the car on the way back and didn't make it to camp until 9pm from the ceremony, had to bring the car and everything home from storage already, may be out of G for a while until humpty dumpty gets put back together.

Thanks to everyone who came as well as tuned in for some of the ceremony - we had some technical issues with the Starlink for the live stream and the full video production will be up as soon as we are able. Learned some valuable lessons about using wireless mics while smashing a 100w vhf broadcast directly next to it...

Appreciate everyone of the volunteers and can't thank them enough for making the magic happen.

I'll do a post mortem and full wrap up soon but wanted to  stop by and say thanks to everyone and apologize for the technical difficulties and getting off schedule after the fact with being stuck in the dunes. :cheers:
Brian,

You could be out there with no mics / speakers / t shirts / airplanes....etc...........AND it would STILL be the BEST WEEKEND of the season. The fact that our vets can show up / speak to the crowd and be RECOGINIZED with appreciation in GLAMIS is just AWESOME. 

Your determinitation to keep it going is a BIG AZZ COMMITTMENT !!!!!!!  Its kinda like a thanksgiving holiday when mom is running around crazy to prepare all the food and meal and is stressed out....what you really want is mom to relax and enjoy the holiday......I get the event is big now which brings a lot of "stuff" to be done, .......I just want YOU to enjoy the event too!!!! This is the one weekend that you @HozayKwarvo is exempt from Rescues, and any non essensial tasks......YOU need to have as much fun as the people you do this for....PERIOD!

May I suggest you post a list of "tasks" that need to be done so that people who are not on staff can do and still camp in other places so it makes it easier for you. It killed me to see you stressed out Friday night at 10pm on way to swing set to help someone out. (if I wasnt camped on gecko and didnt have my family with me I woulda gone and done it )......... 

Brian,

You could literely just show up there with a Mic and broadcast it on the radio and do the ceremony like you do and it would be a 10 out of 10 event!!! 

Just want you not to be a broken Humpty Dumpty on Monday AM..........You are a KICK AZZ GUY for what you do here!!!!

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!!!  This has ALWAYS been my favorite weekend of the season!!!!

:poule:

Brian,

You could be out there with no mics / speakers / t shirts / airplanes....etc...........AND it would STILL be the BEST WEEKEND of the season. The fact that our vets can show up / speak to the crowd and be RECOGINIZED with appreciation in GLAMIS is just AWESOME. 

Your determinitation to keep it going is a BIG AZZ COMMITTMENT !!!!!!!  Its kinda like a thanksgiving holiday when mom is running around crazy to prepare all the food and meal and is stressed out....what you really want is mom to relax and enjoy the holiday......I get the event is big now which brings a lot of "stuff" to be done, .......I just want YOU to enjoy the event too!!!! This is the one weekend that you @HozayKwarvo is exempt from Rescues, and any non essensial tasks......YOU need to have as much fun as the people you do this for....PERIOD!

May I suggest you post a list of "tasks" that need to be done so that people who are not on staff can do and still camp in other places so it makes it easier for you. It killed me to see you stressed out Friday night at 10pm on way to swing set to help someone out. (if I wasnt camped on gecko and didnt have my family with me I woulda gone and done it )......... 

Brian,

You could literely just show up there with a Mic and broadcast it on the radio and do the ceremony like you do and it would be a 10 out of 10 event!!! 

Just want you not to be a broken Humpty Dumpty on Monday AM..........You are a KICK AZZ GUY for what you do here!!!!

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!!!  This has ALWAYS been my favorite weekend of the season!!!!

:poule:
"What he said" to quote Devin.

Huge task to undertake, always pull it off each year.  It's Glamis, technical difficulties are part of going to Glamis. They take NOTHING away from the experience :usa:

My Dad has his coins from a few years back, he always talks about them when Vet Friends are over, these little things mean everything to a Vet.

Thank you.

@Poule43 @Crusty understood, agree, and appreciate it. Andy, totally right, my stress levels at a few points throughout the weekend were off the charts and that rescue should have been delegated... though that night ride to the swingset was the best ride I had all week :lol:  

There'll be some changes for next year after the lessons learned and less stress and more fun for the volunteers is part of the plan. :cheers:  Other than trashing my car (leading to missing TG next week and some of the season) it all ended pretty well! :hethan:

@Poule43 @Crusty understood, agree, and appreciate it. Andy, totally right, my stress levels at a few points throughout the weekend were off the charts and that rescue should have been delegated... though that night ride to the swingset was the best ride I had all week :lol:  

There'll be some changes for next year after the lessons learned and less stress and more fun for the volunteers is part of the plan. :cheers:  Other than trashing my car (leading to missing TG next week and some of the season) it all ended pretty well! :hethan:
I wouldn't worry about the volunteers.  Strictly speaking for myself, I was there to help and see that this event went off without the past glitches. This event is for the Veterans and their friends and family.  It's not about us.    We learn after every year and this year was no different. We tried new things and with that came some lessons. All in all you pulled it off and with 99.9% of the audience not aware of the struggles.

:cheers:

Back