Gen Y goose box

Azdunerat

Reaction score
I just ordered my new Genesis 5th wheel  and was thinking about going with the Gen Y goose box on it.  I am pulling with a 3500 short bed and looking to avoid having to go with a 5th wheel slider hitch. 

just curious if anyone has any experience with this set up and how it worked with their short bed. 

Is it warranty approved by Lippert, or whoever makes their frames?

Subscribed, will be watching, hitch looks nice. 

Is it warranty approved by Lippert, or whoever makes their frames?
No only the Reese goose box has however gen y stated they cover the frame if their hitch caused the damage. 

I just ordered my new Genesis 5th wheel  and was thinking about going with the Gen Y goose box on it.  I am pulling with a 3500 short bed and looking to avoid having to go with a 5th wheel slider hitch. 

just curious if anyone has any experience with this set up and how it worked with their short bed. 
What year is your 3500?

No experience with gen y, but I love Reece goose box.

B8145421-1DA3-426D-993E-E10E6120BAB1.jpeg

Their(Gen Y)hitches are really nice, so that's good to know!
i like the reese better but it is only rated for 20k   the gen y looks like its good for 30k . i have the cheap old school adapter but i only go from the storage to the washes. was thinking on doing a few trips i have a tail air i was going to put back on but i still would have to get a hitch for the truck this just might be a better option.  ftl5005+5 its pretty heavy

I don’t want to mess around with the air bag so that’s what brought me to the gen y. 

I understand what you're trying to do, but the first thought that comes to mind.... you're trying to get info for all this new stuff to avoid a tried and true setup.  Will the goose neck set the trailer back far enough for comfortable/damage free turning?  Sometimes reinventing the wheel isn't the best.  Just a thought, not saying don't do it.

At least the slider hitch works well and is known to work well.  I used a Pullrite Superglide for thousands of miles with zero problems.

I understand what you're trying to do, but the first thought that comes to mind.... you're trying to get info for all this new stuff to avoid a tried and true setup.  Will the goose neck set the trailer back far enough for comfortable/damage free turning?  Sometimes reinventing the wheel isn't the best.  Just a thought, not saying don't do it.

At least the slider hitch works well and is known to work well.  I used a Pullrite Superglide for thousands of miles with zero problems.
I agree the auto slide hitches are tried and true.  I don’t have the patience to pull the hitch out of my truck every time I am done using it.

the Gen Y is a solution for that issue. I know I won’t have a full 90 radius but it should be good enough for most of what I will be doing with the trailer. 

I will circle back in November or December when the trailer arrives with an update and review of the hitch. 

I run the same Reese goose box as Lambro on my weekend warrior pulling with regular bed Ford F-250,  no issues turning, the ride is good and easy hooking and unhooking. If I was to get a new trailer this would be the hitch I would install. 

Have you looked into the Andersen Ultimate hitch? I towed with a short bed F350 and could turn 90 degrees with it, but it was close to the cab at 90. Towed a 42' toyhauler for about 40k miles and never had an issue with it.

download.jpeg

Have you looked into the Andersen Ultimate hitch? I towed with a short bed F350 and could turn 90 degrees with it, but it was close to the cab at 90. Towed a 42' toyhauler for about 40k miles and never had an issue with it.

View attachment 14220
Honestly my buddy has one and loves it, I was considering this option if the Gen Y does not work out. I am really hoping to keep the bed clear of any hitch assembly. 

I am glad to hear you liked your set up, as a plan B I may go this route. 

Reactions: THD
Honestly my buddy has one and loves it, I was considering this option if the Gen Y does not work out. I am really hoping to keep the bed clear of any hitch assembly. 

I am glad to hear you liked your set up, as a plan B I may go this route. 
For a short bed, Andersen hitch has a 7"(?) set-back behind goose ball. I don't know if you get any set-back with goosebox or genY.  Love my Andersen but would get a genY on my next rig if it would work with same (or thereabouts) turning radius.

@Azdunerat- I am a dealer for Gen Y and was going to be ordering one for my new attitude- maybe we could see if others on the board were wanting an order- I could help with pricing and maybe even negotiate a better price depending on the amount of buy in.

Back