Gen 4 Transaxle Conversion 2D to S4/S5

Thanks for sharing.  Looks like a simple Sunday afternoon tranny swap. 😆 

Do you remember noticing any power loss with the tranny swap? Adding 100+ pounds and the parasitic loss thru tranny?

Do you remember noticing any power loss with the tranny swap? Adding 100+ pounds and the parasitic loss thru tranny?
Did not notice any loss at all. Even when I have had the car on the dyno. It's a whole nother world to drive a car going from an H pattern to a sequential. The 2d with synchros cannot be shifted nearly as fast as the sequential. You can bang gears effortlessly. Could never go back.

It is a massive project to do right. When I did that I think around 2017 that summer I had my car in the corner and I counted 440 hours in it. That included building my crazy air cleaner system and doing a few other things to the car. But still the big part of it was the transmission change.

I have a buddy with a gen 4 and he is close to pulling the trigger for an S4 upgrade. I will be the guy doing the install so I greatly appreciate you sharing those photos,, it will save me hours of head scratching

Back