Funco Sandrail goes up in flames

We had a car burn down on Olds many years ago.  We think the fuel line ruptured and sprayed fuel on engine and it ignited.  No way any Fire Extinguishers would put it out.  Once the Aluminum and rubber start to light, game over.  The fire suppression systems are there to give you a few more seconds to get out of the car.  I will tell you, we had radios and we let the driver know about the fire before he had any idea what was going on.

Gald nobody was hurt.

Don't really know what happened.    New cam lock belts going in, fire suppression system going to ordered just looking at the right one. Going to add a fire wall to the back seat to.  this was crusing back close to gecko road.  I was not upside down, in a bowl at a angle, crashed sideways I mean this was the best situation to have this happen.  I only had a few seconds to get out, had to get my phone out of my side bag and that was it.  fire in the front seats under 1 min.  I we were upside down and the kids in back the way the car was and how my current other car is it would not end well.  My car that i have left will be getting upgraded before I put anyone in the back seat. Lots will be upgraded before my next trip.  fire scares the chit out of me.  I have now had this car go up with me in it,  My teryx melted with the family riding in it at Glamis,  My motorhome stated on fire twice with all of us in there and I had a RV garage fire that was a 200k claim.  Fire scares the chit out of me.  My mom has had 5 floods so I guess fire and water run in the family.  Check all your stuff guys.  things happen way to fast out there. 

Don't really know what happened.    New cam lock belts going in, fire suppression system going to ordered just looking at the right one. Going to add a fire wall to the back seat to.  this was crusing back close to gecko road.  I was not upside down, in a bowl at a angle, crashed sideways I mean this was the best situation to have this happen.  I only had a few seconds to get out, had to get my phone out of my side bag and that was it.  fire in the front seats under 1 min.  I we were upside down and the kids in back the way the car was and how my current other car is it would not end well.  My car that i have left will be getting upgraded before I put anyone in the back seat. Lots will be upgraded before my next trip.  fire scares the chit out of me.  I have now had this car go up with me in it,  My teryx melted with the family riding in it at Glamis,  My motorhome stated on fire twice with all of us in there and I had a RV garage fire that was a 200k claim.  Fire scares the chit out of me.  My mom has had 5 floods so I guess fire and water run in the family.  Check all your stuff guys.  things happen way to fast out there. 
Scary chit. Glad you are all ok!!

This should really open EVERYBODIES eyes! So glad you are ok (physically) anyways. Good luck and share your safety improvements with us please.

Glad to hear no one was injured. IMO a quality fuel cell is a must along with proper vent routing. Quality fuel line and fittings along with good routing and strapping practices is another must. Crimp hose ends are a better solution than the widely used nut and olive style.

when I got out of the car the rear seat was engulfed in flames already
Thanx for the reply. I have 3 littles in the back at time and damn does this freak me out. Time for the upgrades for me as well. Glad ur safe and thank you for the valuable insight. God bless 🤙🏼

Thanks for your reply Paul.  Certainly a wake up call for all of us.

Glad no one was hurt.

Fire wall. They seem to be non existent in most sand cars. My gas tank was the only thing between the engine and rear bench on my last sand car. Maybe something for all to consider !. Even most sxs's have one I think, although plastic. 

Back