Full Potential Front End Redone,

These front ende are strong AF.  25mph to zero when I ate this witches eye last season.  Bent front skid plate and two light brackets.  Other than that the car was fine.

View attachment 79923

Look at the tracks coming down the dune and see where the paddles landed.  The car hit so hard it did a mini endo and the rear was up in the air and landed to the left of the tracks.
How did you get that beast of a car out of the hole?

get closer to the end 

the body is on 

interior is getting closer, just need to put in all the switches back in the dash gps and trim rings, then seats and floor, 

next is to make mounts for the new headlights, got those in today, 

full front.jpg

i1.jpg

i2.jpg

i3.jpg

i3.jpg

i4.jpg

Looks great 

Are you able to use same length shocks ?

Are yoiugoing to scale it when yo are done? I t would be interexting to see how much it weighs?

Looks great 

Are you able to use same length shocks ?

Are yoiugoing to scale it when yo are done? I t would be interexting to see how much it weighs?
Not sure what Mark is doing with it, it will go back to him next week, before it was wrecked at buggy roundup the car weight was around 4300lbs,  using the same shocks, this car used 14'' 3.0 bypasses with 12'' shocks and the dune buggy.com uses the same size,  the big weigh of this car is the sides, the fiberglass sides weigh in around 150lbs each,  by picking up the arms from one front to the other, the front end is close to the same, most of the tubes that where cut out went back in the same place but just Stright. the hood weight is around 40lbs, i would put a aluminum hood back on it, 

To get a correct weight of the car from Buggy round up, it would need the hood back in it, the new lights are LED, the old was HID, so the new lights are much lighter, the windshield was broke so that would have to go back in,  and the Ice chest is up front so i have seen up to 20-30lbs in that depending on where we go, 

So the big ticket weight items like Shocks and Brakes and tubing are around the same,   the two fronts are pretty close to each other in metal. 

Mark has two Desert Dynamic chassis, one he started on already,  think he is going to sell the full Potential minus the Motor and start on his Prerunner DD,   think the Big issue with the Full Potential for him is it does not fit in his stacker without changing the rear tires do to a second car on the lift and this goes on the bottom.   

This would be his 4 DD,  most of us in the group have what we call flip and go cars,  Flip the Door Down and Go,  think mark wants to go back to that, 

Not sure what Mark is doing with it, it will go back to him next week, before it was wrecked at buggy roundup the car weight was around 4300lbs,  using the same shocks, this car used 14'' 3.0 bypasses with 12'' shocks and the dune buggy.com uses the same size,  the big weigh of this car is the sides, the fiberglass sides weigh in around 150lbs each,  by picking up the arms from one front to the other, the front end is close to the same, most of the tubes that where cut out went back in the same place but just Stright. the hood weight is around 40lbs, i would put a aluminum hood back on it, 

To get a correct weight of the car from Buggy round up, it would need the hood back in it, the new lights are LED, the old was HID, so the new lights are much lighter, the windshield was broke so that would have to go back in,  and the Ice chest is up front so i have seen up to 20-30lbs in that depending on where we go, 

So the big ticket weight items like Shocks and Brakes and tubing are around the same,   the two fronts are pretty close to each other in metal. 

Mark has two Desert Dynamic chassis, one he started on already,  think he is going to sell the full Potential minus the Motor and start on his Prerunner DD,   think the Big issue with the Full Potential for him is it does not fit in his stacker without changing the rear tires do to a second car on the lift and this goes on the bottom.   

This would be his 4 DD,  most of us in the group have what we call flip and go cars,  Flip the Door Down and Go,  think mark wants to go back to that, 
great info jason

I gave up on changing tires a while ago ...

It always seemed funny to see "big" expensive cars on open trailers in the rain, but 108" wide trailers are uncommon and Illegal 

great info jason

I gave up on changing tires a while ago ...

It always seemed funny to see "big" expensive cars on open trailers in the rain, but 108" wide trailers are uncommon and Illegal 
It will actually fit in a 98” wide if you don’t have a lift over it and if you’re willing to sacrifice some width on the rear offset and tire width. I was just too greedy and liked the look of the wide ass 😂 and needed the stacker lift over it.

Can’t wait to see this car back in the dunes even if it’s with a new owner!

little more work done, think about another week should be wrapped up, 

got the lights on and new lights have nut zerts like the old lights, waiting on the MisAlign spacers from tabzone and bungs from Kartek and then i can get closer to bolting on front end parts, 

j2.jpg

j5.jpg

j4.jpg

j3.jpg

Just about rapping up Mark Car, 

1x.jpg

2x.jpg

3x.jpg

4x.jpg

5x.jpg

6x.jpg

That thing is BEEFY !!!!!  Daaaam

Beautiful work as usual @J Alper Nice job / Car is gonna be stronger than ever!!!

Always liked the FP cars / Total BEAST in the desert!

:poule:

That thing is BEEFY !!!!!  Daaaam

Beautiful work as usual @J Alper Nice job / Car is gonna be stronger than ever!!!

Always liked the FP cars / Total BEAST in the desert!

:poule:
Thank you, it will be super strong now,  but this front end will take some to dial in,  it has a true 26'' of travel, when the car is in a whilly the front tires will still be touching, LOL

@Fullthrottleguy looks like the front end is about 40lbs lighter, but the geometry is way more inboard on the shocks, so even with more preload it still sags, so it going to take a lot more spring rate to get it to ride height,  I have done my part, it should go to @L.R.S. next for all the detail work,  

This car is now for sale. $45k gets you complete car minus motor and steering rack/servo. Comes with Fortin wide gear. I’m sure Alper will build you a motor. Put a little time and make it for Halloween!! Comes with everything you see in these pics. Heated seats, digital dash, fully wired and ready to go. Hit me or Alper up for details. 

This car is now for sale. $45k gets you complete car minus motor and steering rack/servo. Comes with Fortin wide gear. I’m sure Alper will build you a motor. Put a little time and make it for Halloween!! Comes with everything you see in these pics. Heated seats, digital dash, fully wired and ready to go. Hit me or Alper up for details. 

Must have been drunk when I posted that. I meant to say $35k… not $45k. 😂 

It actually sold yesterday locally to a good freind that camps with us,  I can add pictures over the months as the car gets completed if anyone wants to see it,
That would be great you have done a great job so it would be nice to see it as it gets completed. Thanks 

Back