Full Potential Front End Redone,

J Alper

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Good friend Mark @allenoffroadgot cut off and hit a SXS, and the Full Potential front end might look strong but it all went to the same mounting point,   

The best was just to cut the front end off and we decided on the TABZONE front end that the Dunebuggy.com Sidewinder chassis uses,  if used this front end before, will do some tips later in the post for someone that wants to tackle TZ front.  

before 

Mark car.jpg

The FP front end only mounted to the bottom and the windshield bar, it had no lateral support from the sides,  It did not take much for it to move,   

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of Work Jason, but remember how nice the last one you did came out  - serious upgrade to an already nice car 

did you weigh the all pieces?  think its gonna be lighter of heavier  - weight  changes balance and handlijg quite a bit and of course all the shock valving

A lot of Work Jason, but remember how nice the last one you did came out  - serious upgrade to an already nice car 

did you weigh the all pieces?  think its gonna be lighter of heavier  - weight  changes balance and handlijg quite a bit and of course all the shock valving
Close to the same weight, The FP front end was crap, lot of waisted material, and a bunch of tubes going nowhere 

have a friend Roy helping me pull it back and strip it down.

1d.jpg

2d.jpg

3d.jpg

The body needs to go on next,  need help,  body side panels are about 120 lbs each,  hard to get on by myself and not scratch them up,  

Then i can start tying in the shock mounts and the bumper,  

Damn! I didn't know about the accident. Hope everyone was ok. We've transported that car a few times for Mark. Can't go wrong with that db.com bulkhead, but I'm biased. 

Nice work Jason
Thanks Alex 

Damn! I didn't know about the accident. Hope everyone was ok. We've transported that car a few times for Mark. Can't go wrong with that db.com bulkhead, but I'm biased. 
It really is a way better setup, VT construction has your front end on there Class 1 car and it has made many races,  Ready for some more transport, Mark is building a DD car that will fit in his trailer,  the FP is a nice car but man you need a wide trailer or change all 4 tires 

Thanks Alex 

It really is a way better setup, VT construction has your front end on there Class 1 car and it has made many races,  Ready for some more transport, Mark is building a DD car that will fit in his trailer,  the FP is a nice car but man you need a wide trailer or change all 4 tires 
That Full Potential is massive. Tell Mark to hit me up anytime. Good dude to do business with.

Screenshot_20230905_070427_Message+.jpg

WOWZERS!!!

I always thought those FPO cars were over built/bombproof.

They really looked stout.

I always loved those cars...good on you to make it even better than before!

:cheers:

WOWZERS!!!

I always thought those FPO cars were over built/bombproof.

They really looked stout.

I always loved those cars...good on you to make it even better than before!

:cheers:
Ya I always thought the same as well, crazy that a SxS did that much damage to the car

Glad to see it will be better than before when you are done with it!!

Same here as I thought they were super stout. Those were always my dream car! 

This one is super strong now, I now have 60 feet of 1.5 tube, 10 feet of 1.250 tube and 15 feet of 1.750 tube in the front redue,  @L.R.S. is proof this front end works, but man it is a lot of welding,  The things you do to hang out with friends.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

Thank you for all the comments.

Thank you to Jason for all of his hard work on this one. Massive amount of work and car looking unbelievable!!! True craftsman!! Cannot thank him enough!

Everyone involved was ok after some recovery time, but you think this looks bad… should have seen the other guy. Lol. It was on the Sand Drags at Dumont. Pretty narly crash. Glad I was in the car I was in. Going to have Sand Drag PTSD for a while. 😂 

It’s a beast but a fun car to drive! With a decent width trailer I got away with only swapping the rears. 

This one is super strong now, I now have 60 feet of 1.5 tube, 10 feet of 1.250 tube and 15 feet of 1.750 tube in the front redue,  @L.R.S. is proof this front end works, but man it is a lot of welding,  The things you do to hang out with friends.

View attachment 79885

View attachment 79886

View attachment 79887

View attachment 79888

View attachment 79889
These front ende are strong AF.  25mph to zero when I ate this witches eye last season.  Bent front skid plate and two light brackets.  Other than that the car was fine.

20221230_141352.jpg

Look at the tracks coming down the dune and see where the paddles landed.  The car hit so hard it did a mini endo and the rear was up in the air and landed to the left of the tracks.

Back