F%&* Thieves! Stole my Catalytic Converter!

JBL

Reaction score
My F350 was parked in front of my house when it was stolen.  My neighbor knocked on my door and informed me he heard some sawing at wee hours of morning but when he looked out his window he saw a guy climbing into a black sedan driving away and didnt get a plate.  My damn camera was not pointed out to street as it only covers my front door and driveway.  Neighbors cameras are pointed in similar fashion and they did not capture the Aholes.  

What have you guys done to protect the Cats on your vehicles?  

nothing..I have had 2 stolen in the past and I just straight pipe it to a muffler and tail pipe.never have to worry again!!

It the worst feeling  / it happened to my daughters Honda this past year ..   they are well organized rime rings

We had one in the next door parking lot during the middle of the day!  Brazen thieves 

Lower your deductible and just turn it in to insurance. Your not going to stop them. 

nothing..I have had 2 stolen in the past and I just straight pipe it to a muffler and tail pipe.never have to worry again!!
wish I could but CA is brutal and I dont know a shop that will pass a straight pipe.

Day or night these aholes are taking them. when I reported it to the city they said minimum 2 a day are reported.  Spoke to a buddy who used to live in San Diego and his was up to 6 a day.  I found some DIY rebar cage that I will install along with an actual alarm system just to deter these jerks.  They say the stock pipes can be cut in less then 60 seconds. so If they have to cut more chit off and an alarm goes off while its parked in front of the house they will be met with my shotgun.  Ahole will have a sawzaw so my life is in danger so I have to protect myself!

I was told by the guy next door who had there's cut off here at the office over the weekend after they were told that thieves were in the area doing that... they were told best way to prevent them from being taken is to mark them with license plate number.  The thieves that are taking them if they see that will pass and the people buying them don't want them wither because they can get closed down. 

That sucks!  On a truck the thieves can get it done quickly. 

Thanks, been looking at all options.  Spoke to my local muffler shop and the Cat thieves are hitting hard.  13 trucks from a yard in one night, and 3 in his shop that day.  He knows the cops and they said its not even worth their time to try and catch them.  Im trying to get him to weld on exhaust flanges when they install my new CAT and make me an exact size pipe with flanges so I can just take off the Cat and go straight pipe.  Then come time for smog just swap it out again.  

We were down at Canyon RV in Yorba Linda for Thanksgiving week. Noticed most of the ‘full timers’ had led rope lights under their parked vehicles. Thought at first is was a parking aid… Some even had proximity alarms flashing under cars too.   I guess if it’s warm and the AC is running you may not hear much.  Pretty remote area for being in the middle of everywhere. 

We were down at Canyon RV in Yorba Linda for Thanksgiving week. Noticed most of the ‘full timers’ had led rope lights under their parked vehicles. Thought at first is was a parking aid… Some even had proximity alarms flashing under cars too.   I guess if it’s warm and the AC is running you may not hear much.  Pretty remote area for being in the middle of everywhere. 
I was under the impression that they put the lights under the rv’s to help keep the critters away. A bunch of rv’s are putting the alarms on the outside to protect their toys and stuff. Electric bikes are big on the thief’s list to steal and the chargers. 

I know two people that had their RV Cat's stolen in the last couple of months, all were in "secured" storage lots.

Almost lost one today. Bastards couldn't get it with the cross member thankfully. 

Screenshot_20211205-205352.png

Screenshot_20211205-200631.png

Screenshot_20211205-200550.png

At least you got them on camera.  Drove to muffler shop to get the solution fixed.  You think you LS cars are loud?  You should have heard my V10 straight pipe as I drove 4 miles to the shop!  Since I just got the truck and smogged before they took the Cat, I paid cash for a straight pipe fix!  Shop called it a "test" pipe to get away with it lmfao.  I honestly thought it would sound louder but damn thing sounds the same even with my Mag muffler.  Oh well have 2 years to deal with the Cat and now dont have to worry about the Aholes stealing my Cat.  I've also got better cameras ordered and a car alarm with prox sensor.

Back