Enclosed trailer preference *** Fractal or New Trend ???????

BRANDON LONG

Reaction score
I need to order an extra wide 20' trailer for running the cars around. 

Basic build, slightly taller, drive over fenders, extra wide, winch, basic lights. 

I have spoken with Fractal and New Trend. Any preference here from order experience? 

Quality, service, good or bad on either?

Any feedback from customers would be great.

I have owned a couple Fractals - I have one now - I got my 102" late last year and my got a 106"  Both are good quality  but they are Basic and inexpensive. They were great to work with and I did a lot of upgrades also easy and inexpensive 

But I would say New Trend is higher end  and cost more

I think @L.R.S. has experience w/ new trend and liked them.

I've never heard of Fractal.  Have you checked out V-WAY?
New Trend was doing all the maintenance on my flatbeds for years but then got too busy so I found another shop in San Bernardino I'm really happy with.  I had New Trend quote me a 20' X 102 rear door, and hit up Universal.  About a $5k difference so I went with Universal.  Took 3 weeks longer than I was told.  Trailer quality seemed good but 20k miles and a year later the roof started leaking, fenders started rusting, rear door molding was falling off and now the door frame is pulling away from the opening.

I have never owned a New Trend but @DZRTRUNhas for several years and as far as I now its been a solid trailer.  I don't want to disparage the other builders but none of them are putting out quality trailers.  And I say that from my experience of transporting these trailers for our clients.  We transported two brand new stackers last week and both clients called me with a WTF?  

Some of what we've had happen- no BS here, just the truth

New enclosed with rear door that was glued shut.  Had to pry it open.

New triple axle stacker with 100 miles on it- wheel fell off on the freeway, another was loose.

New stacker double side doors would fly open on the road unless the deadbolt was locked.

Same stacker as above- fuel would leak when being filled at a gas station.

New stacker- all 120v electrical was run with cut up extension cords.

New black stacker side panels warped bad in 1 season (AZ).

Brand new stacker with oil bath hubs- left the builder, stopped 10 miles away to check lug nuts (lesson learned) and saw the hubs were empty.  Took it right back. Manufacture swore up and down that they had greased the wheel bearings before assembly.  Uh, grease in these oil bath hubs?  We had to stop 3 times on the 300 mile transport to add oil to the hubs.

Brand new enclosed trailer- no spare.  Client said he paid for a spare, builder said he did not.  The spare was on the invoice. 

Same trailer as above- checked the trailer cabinets and saw a fist sized hole in the floor, asked the builder about it- Oh, that's to run the power cord to the outside.  Me- shouldn't there be a access door panel?  Them- oh, yeah, we're out of those.  WTF?  So they took one off another trailer sitting nearby.

Whenever we pick up a trailer we do a detailed inspection, take pictures and document damage, missing stuff, etc.  

New Trend was doing all the maintenance on my flatbeds for years but then got too busy so I found another shop in San Bernardino I'm really happy with.  I had New Trend quote me a 20' X 102 rear door, and hit up Universal.  About a $5k difference so I went with Universal.  Took 3 weeks longer than I was told.  Trailer quality seemed good but 20k miles and a year later the roof started leaking, fenders started rusting, rear door molding was falling off and now the door frame is pulling away from the opening.

I have never owned a New Trend but @DZRTRUNhas for several years and as far as I now its been a solid trailer.  I don't want to disparage the other builders but none of them are putting out quality trailers.  And I say that from my experience of transporting these trailers for our clients.  We transported two brand new stackers last week and both clients called me with a WTF?  

Some of what we've had happen- no BS here, just the truth

New enclosed with rear door that was glued shut.  Had to pry it open.

New triple axle stacker with 100 miles on it- wheel fell off on the freeway, another was loose.

New stacker double side doors would fly open on the road unless the deadbolt was locked.

Same stacker as above- fuel would leak when being filled at a gas station.

New stacker- all 120v electrical was run with cut up extension cords.

New black stacker side panels warped bad in 1 season (AZ).

Brand new stacker with oil bath hubs- left the builder, stopped 10 miles away to check lug nuts (lesson learned) and saw the hubs were empty.  Took it right back. Manufacture swore up and down that they had greased the wheel bearings before assembly.  Uh, grease in these oil bath hubs?  We had to stop 3 times on the 300 mile transport to add oil to the hubs.

Brand new enclosed trailer- no spare.  Client said he paid for a spare, builder said he did not.  The spare was on the invoice. 

Same trailer as above- checked the trailer cabinets and saw a fist sized hole in the floor, asked the builder about it- Oh, that's to run the power cord to the outside.  Me- shouldn't there be a access door panel?  Them- oh, yeah, we're out of those.  WTF?  So they took one off another trailer sitting nearby.

Whenever we pick up a trailer we do a detailed inspection, take pictures and document damage, missing stuff, etc.  
Thats good feedback thank you. I have built 7 Universals but always used Kevin, I think he retired, and I have had no response from other inquiries with them.

If you were to build a new trailer today after towing and hauling all the others which manufacturer, would you order from?

Thats good feedback thank you. I have built 7 Universals but always used Kevin, I think he retired, and I have had no response from other inquiries with them.

If you were to build a new trailer today after towing and hauling all the others which manufacturer, would you order from?
Enclosed or flatbed? Kevin is retired have you tried Tom? 

No direct experience, but if I was building a new trailer and it was within the budget... I would go with an Intech.  Their builds look top notch. 

Had a thought... if yore are going to the SSSS Fractal will be there with show specials, you can see the construction, New Trend is usually there too - bring a flashlight and look them over well. Might be worth the trip just for that

I think @L.R.S. speaks for most. I have had a few, universal, Carson,  Irok and Santek. For every day moving cars and hauls i like the smaller wide universal. I am having a new stacker being built as we speak by them. Been a decent process. I love my Irok for it being fully loaded and party fun. Santek finish was great just needed to be long and triple axle for the stacker. My buddy got a fractal and it's decent for a cheaper trailer but you get what you pay for. The door had issues and the wiring lights had issues but they fixed it. I have heard new trend is great build. I wish you luck on your build. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve always had good luck with Victor at Ultra Santek. Have two of his trailers now. My universals have never help up that well. 

Had a thought... if yore are going to the SSSS Fractal will be there with show specials, you can see the construction, New Trend is usually there too - bring a flashlight and look them over well. Might be worth the trip just for that
That’s a great idea. 

Went with Fractal last year on a 24' after Bryan Myers (Sand Asylum) turned me onto them. Welded E-track on the walls and through-bolted on the deck, front upper/lower cabinets, coin floors, RV window and two concession windows, RV latch side door, side door step, fantastic-fan, roof vent covers, full paneling with insulated roof and walls, etc... lots of upgrades and one off stuff and they were super easy to work with. Only thing I'd say is if they tell you 3 weeks it will be 5, other than that... and the fact that they aren't much on wiring beyond the basic 12v system, super happy. Between that mini-split and the insulation, rolled into G at 98degrees outside, tossed a Honda2000 on the box and turned the minisplit on, it was 68 inside of 30 minutes. If you need an AC guy in the Inland Empire to install one lmk. Way beyond just hauling a car but we built it to donate the the non-profit and use for more than just hauling, it'll be our air-conditioned booth at the SSSS this year. :cheers:

thumbnail (1).jpg

trailer1.jpg

trailer2.jpg

trailer3.jpg

I’ve always had good luck with Victor at Ultra Santek. Have two of his trailers now. My universals have never help up that well. 
Not sure what's up with Universal but the guy that did my wrap had just finished a brand new V-nose from them and commented on how much more $ it was but the fact that the Universal was pretty jacked up on the fit and finish... it was probably twice as much as mine but half as clean... dude was wrapping it because it looked that bad.

No idea what your budget situation is but you might want to look at Intech. I just took delivery of a new Intech and the quality and fit and finish are all fantastic. Best I’ve ever seen and I’ve had a lot of trailers. I did price comparison to just about all the brands mentioned in this thread and the Intech was only about 15% more for all aluminum and arguably the best quality trailer out there. I know 3 other GD members having Intech’s built right now. 

No idea what your budget situation is but you might want to look at Intech. I just took delivery of a new Intech and the quality and fit and finish are all fantastic. Best I’ve ever seen and I’ve had a lot of trailers. I did price comparison to just about all the brands mentioned in this thread and the Intech was only about 15% more for all aluminum and arguably the best quality trailer out there. I know 3 other GD members having Intech’s built right now. 
I’m not familiar with them. Are they local? Will they do a 106” wide build?

No direct experience, but if I was building a new trailer and it was within the budget... I would go with an Intech.  Their builds look top notch. 
thos is the only manufacturer I have heard of so far in this thread..  

I bought a cargomate 24 pretty much loaded and other than the outside walls being to thin I don’t have a lot of complaints?

I was thinking of selling and getting a larger one from Phil’s trailers out of Texas..   than putting my spin on it? 

Went with Fractal last year on a 24' after Bryan Myers (Sand Asylum) turned me onto them. Welded E-track on the walls and through-bolted on the deck, front upper/lower cabinets, coin floors, RV window and two concession windows, RV latch side door, side door step, fantastic-fan, roof vent covers, full paneling with insulated roof and walls, etc... lots of upgrades and one off stuff and they were super easy to work with. Only thing I'd say is if they tell you 3 weeks it will be 5, other than that... and the fact that they aren't much on wiring beyond the basic 12v system, super happy. Between that mini-split and the insulation, rolled into G at 98degrees outside, tossed a Honda2000 on the box and turned the minisplit on, it was 68 inside of 30 minutes. If you need an AC guy in the Inland Empire to install one lmk. Way beyond just hauling a car but we built it to donate the the non-profit and use for more than just hauling, it'll be our air-conditioned booth at the SSSS this year. :cheers:

View attachment 119368

View attachment 119369

View attachment 119370

View attachment 119371
I am curious how you stack product in it?  

I have my vending trailer and we love it but I’d like to change something’s..   we have a stock room and getting product out of the stock room to the side of the trailer seems to be our issue for large events.  

I bought my New Trend through Anthony from GoodGuys RV about 8 years ago. It has been a great trailer and was done right on time. Just a bare bones enclosed. Since then Anthony has started Fractal trailers. I can't speak on the quality of Fractal but back then Anthony was great to deal with. Jesse from New Trend has also been great to deal with.

20171121_122344.jpg

Back