EcoBoost - love it? Hate it? Would you buy a used one?

Yep.  We have the max tow package which comes with the rear locker and 36g tank.  Need fuel maybe once every 3 weeks with her "commute".
That was the best thing on my '19 truck, elec tow mirrors, 40gal tank and built in brake controller... was awesome

Not stoked on fuel but shes not getting the greatest right now, and an Exped will get better than my truck, which is the current family wagon when we go anywhere together, be it to dinner or on road trips. I have a small commuter truck that will get close to 50mpg when its back on the road, so maybe that will even things out haha. We live in the boondocks, so fuel consumption isnt new. Doesnt mean its easy!
My wife has a bit of a leadfoot.  Previous car was a 2.0 4-banger Ecoboost Edge, lifetime in that was 19mpg.  Truck, including towing, is 17mpg. Not terrible.

Driven one yet?  That motor is hilarious.  Feels like a 5.9 CTD, but doesn't fall on its face when you rev it.

That was the best thing on my '19 truck, elec tow mirrors, 40gal tank and built in brake controller... was awesome
Yeah.  I thought we made a mistake when we first got the truck since they're HUUUUUUGE, but they're great for visibility towing or not.  Zero blind spots towing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back