Ebike Laws/requirments

Cookie

Reaction score
This is just a public announcement, but cities and states are creating new laws for Ebikes as we speak.  In my community, all the kids are riding Super 73's, which might get outlawed soon.  

Ebikes are classified into 3 categories, Super 73's fall into Class 2 or 3.  Class 3's are considered a Motorcycle in almost every state.

Here is what I think the new laws will be:

• No riding double, unless child bike seat.
  • Must have lights for night riding
  • Must be 16 years or older
  • Mandatory safety class (not sure for all or kids)
  • Helmets for all

Police departments have been ignoring this, but they are going to start getting grants from the State to enforce all the rules of the roads for Ebikes.  Just be prepared is my point.

our local news station did a story on them around some high school @ the beginning of last year, & did some filming of the chaos in front of the school every morning.  

WOW...............  what a zoo........ 

as if HS kids are big enough A-Holes just walking............  LOL

I don't know what DWI refers to?
Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) same as Driving Under the Influence (DUI)   basically, asking if people can use them for transportation after losing their driver's license.  People in this situation have been adding small gas motors to bicycles.

Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) same as Driving Under the Influence (DUI)   basically, asking if people can use them for transportation after losing their driver's license.  People in this situation have been adding small gas motors to bicycles.
Same as a regular bike, DUI laws are still valid, always has been. 

But to use them after losing your license, you would be able to use for transportation due to the fact you don't need to be licensed to operate a Ebike.

Anybody remember in the 70s and early 80s when mopeds were the thing and laws were written just for them also.  

I had a PUCH with home made porting, mill cylinder and noisy ass pipe.  

Smoke like a stock 250 3 wheel on 20 to 1

16Tt.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What good is more laws and rules? When is the last time anyone has seen a bicycle stop at a stop sign?   Has anyone seen a traffic cop give a citation to a bicycle?  Hell no.

its still a grey area here all the kids are riding the surron they are basically a e mx bike no pedals. the cops will stop them but usually just let the kids go guess they cant figure out what tickets they can write yet

What good is more laws and rules? When is the last time anyone has seen a bicycle stop at a stop sign?   Has anyone seen a traffic cop give a citation to a bicycle?  Hell no.
I got one about 2 years ago for riding on the sidewalk.. motorcycle cop got me.

I f*cking hate these things.  Living in a quasi retirement town, every f*cking blue hair has one and does not give a f*ck about anyone else when riding.

Don't get me started on the 3 wheel versions of these.  They take up a car lane and of course they have to ride side by side and go 10 mph down the f*cking road.

San Clemente outlawed them. Every rich kid down there had one. 

We can ride our class 2’s on the bike trail for now.

I think class 3’s are only legal for OHV.

abc

Saw some kids on local trail I mtn bike ride on the Z-Moto...Electric Dirt Bike (Doesn't even have pedals), they were hauling ass! :simrak:

I was like, YOU FUC*ERS are gonna get these trails shut down. I was so pissed!

Not a fan of electric bikes.

This is how dumb things are getting here in Oceanside. My neighbor got a ticket cost close $200, bike line to the right of him at a 4 way stop. After stopping decided to turn right instead of going straight. The cops explanation was for safety of the E-bike riders, they need to know he's turning right. There was no E-bikes or bicycles in the lane the whole time cop wrote ticket. Cop also said other laws and rules are coming.

"HJ"      :ex:       :cheers:  

Back