Dune trip in May you don’t know what you’re missing

John@Outfront

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Came out Thursday morning. Supposed to be 91 yesterday and today. Pad 1,2,3,5 had zero camps. We are the only group on pad 4. Some at keyhole and road runner. Sand is absolutly perfect. Slight tracks left. Canal is like 75 deg. It might say 91 but with 10 mph wind it feels like 80

IMG_8510.jpeg

IMG_8515.jpeg

IMG_8511.jpeg

IMG_8521.jpeg

Carb Cleaner and match will pop those things right back on. 

Reactions: FOG
Sorry for leaving those slight tracks for you from last weekend.  :classic_biggrin:

It was awesome last weekend and i'm sure it will be the same this weekend. 

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: FOG
No beadlocks, not surprised.
They certainly help, but in 20 years, I've lost 1 bead.  Running around 4-6psi in the fronts.  Light car like that, shouldn't need them, but sometimes shet happens. :biggrin:

@John@Outfront definitely jealous.  Used to go out all the time this time of year.  Most guys store these days, so once they rigs go home, season's over. 

John knows how to park in the summer. He's getting all the shade at the RV.  What kind of car is that, that blew the beads off. 

Looks perfect! canal days are great. Is that a Tom Pro Sandcar that popped beads? Thanks for sharing, Im afraid the sand conditions wont be near as good for UTV invasion next week at Little Sahara Utah. Leaving Wednesday-Saturday.  

They certainly help, but in 20 years, I've lost 1 bead.  Running around 4-6psi in the fronts.  Light car like that, shouldn't need them, but sometimes shet happens. :biggrin:

@John@Outfront definitely jealous.  Used to go out all the time this time of year.  Most guys store these days, so once they rigs go home, season's over. 
If you follow @John@Outfront they are a "must have".  

Had many fun trips this time of year. We were out 3 weeks ago for 6 days the temp was 98 last couple of days and the dunes were perfect. Sucks breaking down this time of year. Running air pressure that low  is a gamble without beadlocks. 

Great time of year for the dunes. I’ve always enjoyed the reduced number of people and better sand conditions. 

A good time to reflect on the previous season and make adjustments for the next season. 

Great time of year for the dunes. I’ve always enjoyed the reduced number of people and better sand conditions. 

A good time to reflect on the previous season and make adjustments for the next season. 
Reduced number of people and better sand ?. That's an understatement. 

But beware. You better have a reliable car and a few others with you this time of year !.

Tried duning last year about the end of April and just couldn't see enough to go fast. To many witches eyes and white out conditions. Had to drive like an old lady! :lol:   Have fun!

Tried duning last year about the end of April and just couldn't see enough to go fast. To many witches eyes and white out conditions. Had to drive like an old lady! :lol:   Have fun!
It's tough no doubt.  Im good sitting here looking at photos in my so cal 68 deg beach weather. :lmao:

Yeah that's another little talked about thing this time of year !. Unless you get up early and get out on a ride before 6 or 7 am your dune visibility goes down by the hour. Hence a greater possibility of a mishap. And after a hot day, and drinking and waiting for the temp to drop for the evening ride, chances of even more carnage increase. 

Back