Dumpster Fire of a Weekend

They say with age comes a cage.  Maybe it’s time to make the move to a UTV? I know it would reduce my stress knowing my wife’s in a cage vs a quad. 
I have a 27' bumper pull TH.  My 250R goes in the bed of the truck and the trailer has a 400EX, (2) 250EX and a Blaster.  I rented a RZR1000 4 seater twice to make sure that was want she wanted.  I guess I could always but a RZR 2 seater on a rack in the truck bed and the 250R in the trailer.

I appreciate all the well wishes. She is on the mend and doing well under the circumstances. Ribs are still very sore and she says it hurts like hell if she sneezes. Otherwise doing well. We’ll see how the nose heals and if she will need plastic surgery. 

I would gladly put her in our SxS but she likes cruising her quad. I’ll encourage her to try the SxS some more but at minimum she will be much more cautious on her quad I’m sure. 

Lastly, just to set the record straight, I thought Lord of the D-I-C-K-S comment was very poor timed and disrespectful. However, I gave him my response and left it there. I didn’t point it out to the Mods, ask for any action or anything of that nature. Whatever transpired was between him and the Mods. That’s the last I have to say about that issue. 

I thought Lord of the D-I-C-K-S comment was very poor timed and disrespectful.

I agree. My Brother and I throw a golf tourney every year. We have only ONE RULE: NO DIICKHEADS. Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I was worried my family would get mowed by SXSs so I sold all our quads, but my daughters friends all ride them and she begged for one, so she now has a quad. She has been driving the RZR more. I'll be happy the day we can dump the quad.

abc

I thought Lord of the D-I-C-K-S comment was very poor timed and disrespectful.
That was my reaction also. Glad she is hanging in there if she broke or bruised ribs that is painful I feel for her. Tell her we send best wishes snd prayers.

Glad your wife is on the mend.

I'm usually tail gunner in the dunes and on the trail with my wife in front of me or maybe 2 ahead.

I've watched her roll 400z 3 different times in the dunes and once on a gnarly trail that she shouldn't have been on but went for it without hesitation. All seemed like they were in super slow motion.. l knew she was wrecking before she lost it.   Scary crap.

Glad your wife is on the mend.

I'm usually tail gunner in the dunes and on the trail with my wife in front of me or maybe 2 ahead.

I've watched her roll 400z 3 different times in the dunes and once on a gnarly trail that she shouldn't have been on but went for it without hesitation. All seemed like they were in super slow motion.. l knew she was wrecking before she lost it.   Scary crap.
Crazy how that happens huh, I watched my wife wreck on her 400EX in the baby dunes behind the store then again off to the left side of Olds on the step up hill. You just can't do anything or get there fast enough :scared:  

This is definitely a fear of mine.  My wife has only been riding about 4 years (43yo).  She rides a Honda 400EX with long travel, TCS suspension, etc to make it as stable and comfortable as possible.  She usually rides at the back of the pack with me and at the moment, the only injury is putting her foot down and riding over her ankle (just a bruise).

Good luck and hope she has a speedy recovery.
Nerf bars with heal guards are a savior for just that reason. My wife has a similar set-up on her 400EX and though it took some getting used to, she won't get on a bike w/o them now

Last edited by a moderator:
Nerf bars with heal guards are a savior for just that reason. My wife has a similar set-up on her 400EX and though it took some getting used to, she won't get on a bike w/o them now
Her bike has IMS/Roll Design pegs & heel guards.  She just put her foot down. Rookie mistake. 

Screenshot_20221025-094145_Gallery.jpg

Back