Dominic Turbo Build on DD

same here, but mines a hi ram. low ram for ls3 heads wasnt out when i bought everything.  im running the monster ls3 heads from frankenstein.
Yep I bought it right when they came out. Then they went on like a 6 month back order 😂.  I have the Frankenstein f310’s

So that is a great article, my thoughts

#1 it clearly stated that DI is far superior to charge cooling than port injection.  the motor we are talking about in this thread doesnt have the advantages of DI where the cool fuel is injected directly into the chamber.  PFI  mixes the two before it enters and actually raises the fuel temp by the hot air and is less advantages.  you see the results as the DI motor exhibited less knock tendencies compared to the  PFI.   i agree DI has an advantage as it doesnt mix with the hot air first. The DI system also runs at insane fuel pressures so the evaporation process is enhanced over PFI  this is more the reason for better cooling than the "0" inches from combustion chamber argument

#2 that test is brilliant and even more brings home the reason that you talking about DI being better cause it is "0" inches away shows the advantage of DI.......

#3 clearly the hotter the charge (and 26psi is super hot)  has a significant effect on charge cooling (with any fuel)
That fuel eventually makes it into the combustion chamber though. It will still continue to evaporate (and by effect, cool) the combustion chamber. 

Intercooler is definitely better. No argument there, but as you most definitely know, Corn lets you get away with stupid chit where mechanical failure of components is far more concerning than detonation. 

You’ve done far more in engine tuning than I have, just having fun discussing finer points. :biggrin:

That fuel eventually makes it into the combustion chamber though. It will still continue to evaporate (and by effect, cool) the combustion chamber. 

Intercooler is definitely better. No argument there, but as you most definitely know, Corn lets you get away with stupid chit where mechanical failure of components is far more concerning than detonation. 

You’ve done far more in engine tuning than I have, just having fun discussing finer points. :biggrin:
Agreed and enjoy the discussion as well

By the way, No more 26lbs,  I will post a pic but it broke the crank Shaft in Half, Lunati Signature series, broke though the rear main near the Flywheel on Number 5 

Lunati Crank 

Sorry Broke at 7/8 Journal 

AYNA2497.JPG

When choosing a crank for boost,  you can see the difference in a Dart Billet Pro Boost, compared to a Lunati Sig Series 

WJCF2338.JPG

IMG_8046.JPG

Wow. Btw what was the hp at 26 psi?
Mustang Dyno 865HP at the wheels on BFG 37'', weddle-S5D, Then the tires broke free, really needed the Hub Dyno to see the numbers. It now has a AEM Boost Dial into the Holley, its about 1.6psi per setting, full tilt at 11 on the knob is now about 18lbs 

Last edited by a moderator:
which one is which? and what are you "seeing"?
The hole when you can see the bottom is the lunati, that hole is almost 1'' round, so it gets really close to the drilled oil hole,   the other as cast is the Dart, hole is around 1/2 round,   I think the smaller holes is smarter, but had to add weight to the crank for balance, 

The hole when you can see the bottom is the lunati, that hole is almost 1'' round, so it gets really close to the drilled oil hole,   the other as cast is the Dart, hole is around 1/2 round,   I think the smaller holes is smarter, but had to add weight to the crank for balance, 
got it and agreed

Back