Cv grease won't stay inside boots

Doesn’t look like that hose clamp is seated very well, there’s gotta be a gap there. It looks sort of crooked. I know there are specialty hose clamps available, but I just use safety wire it’s cheap and easy and super low profile. Probably cuts into the boot though if you aren’t careful or over tighten. No charge for that advice, might not be worth much either.

That’s what my car looks like. I just clean it off and run it. Do my CVs once a season, bel ray swepco mix, CVs look great 

Might try a small bead of rtv type sealer between flange and joint and also joint and cup on trans.
I got tired of replacing warped boot flanges and did this. It fixed the slinging grease. 
BTW I used Cat Desert Gold for decades and never had any CV issues. 

As far as CV savers we have had great luck with Tatum CV savers . Have not had one rip in 3 or so years . On 3 different cars image.jpeg

seen those at the ssss and was told they dont make em for 930s not sure why but i was about to buy them

See how the grease is already coming out?  That happens when the suspension is at full droop. 

I ran them for 1 season and had alot of grease in the boot. 
Not worth the hassle IMO. 

Question, I get no grease like this thrown about.............................I run 930's, so what is causing this with other set ups?  Is your grease too thin?  

Question, I get no grease like this thrown about.............................I run 930's, so what is causing this with other set ups?  Is your grease too thin?  
@Cookie Never in 4 seasons with my car have i had this problem.  Switched to the 164 since the 101/bel Ray mix was out when I did my CVS and I had the exact same thing happen…… CV grease slinging out between the trans flange and the CV body on both sides. running 930s and a built Outfront/2D combo. slower rides cruising second third no big deal, pushing hard running third and tapping fourth rides crap slung everywhere from the heat I’d assume. At least for my medium sized/weighted 4 seater, the LRS mix is the way to go. 

Back