Cv grease won't stay inside boots

Kingkong

Reaction score
So I'm running 930s behind my ls3 na and s4 and I can't seem to keep the grease in the boots longer then 2 sometimes 3 days I have the boot over the flange set up. Anyone got any ideas or tips or another boot set up I should try cause I'm tires of cleaning this chit off. And yes clamps are tight 

So I'm running 930s behind my ls3 na and s4 and I can't seem to keep the grease in the boots longer then 2 sometimes 3 days I have the boot over the flange set up. Anyone got any ideas or tips or another boot set up I should try cause I'm tires of cleaning this chit off. And yes clamps are tight 
Following as I have the same issue. 

Is it coming out of the flange or axle side of the boot? What grease are you using?

I haven't installed them yet but...

I have a 2.5 Subi/2D set up with single boots.  I have the same issue and purchased the Kartek double boot set up.  I was saving this for my refresh/rebuild on my car.

Do you mean the grease is slinging out of the boot?

Or just away from the CV and into the boot?

Pix would help.

You have to make sure you have the boots attached to the flanges correctly.

Boot Flange.jpg

The groove in the boot has to fit in the groove of the flange to seal.

Pix would help.

View attachment 20878

What he said.  If it's pumping into the boot, flanges with smaller boots can help, as does the grease you're running.  If it's slinging out, the clamps @richard h above plus making sure everything is clean and dry between the boot and the CV is paramount.  If there's any grease where the clamp goes, more tends to follow.

Pix would help.

View attachment 20878

20211213_164529.jpg

CAT desert gold is not great grease. 

Bel Ray and swepco is the best combo. Has been discussed in here before. 

CV savers don’t work IMO. I tried them for a season and saw no difference between having them and not having them. 
I took them out and I pull my boots back every 2 trips and add grease and clean excess grease out of the boot. 

Are your bolts the right length and are your flanges warped?

Are your bolts the right length and are your flanges warped?
Not sure what the right length would be but I know they don't stick out past the flange on the trans side don't think they are warped either.. I have been putting lock tight on the bolts cause I do notice sometimes a few might back out 

Might try a small bead of rtv type sealer between flange and joint and also joint and cup on trans.

Reactions: FOG
Back