Cutting season short cause of gas prices?

I was there this weekend, and I gotta say the weather was SUPURB and it was off weekend old school empty place!!  Even parked at Vendor Flats!! Neighbors not 10ft away!! It was pure heaven... if gas prices caused it... I'm not mad!!   :headbang:

This was Olds at about 2pm on Saturday coming back from the swing set.  My vid won't upload but it showed how empty even swing set was! 

View attachment 28078

View attachment 28080
We were there around the same time, I hadn't seen this few people at old's in years, I have seen Wednesdays more crowded.  It was weird for sure.

For me and the things I am dealing with in my personal life my sand tires are off my car till Next Nov. I wish i could do a few more Mama G trips but I am done till Vets weekend. I hope to make one or "maybe" two trips out to JV since its only 45 min from my house but I can also ride right out of my driveway so that might be a option for me also.

Glamis season got cut short because of kid’s softball and baseball but the wife and I did contemplate changing up our summer trip to something with less travel but we decided to keep it as is. Just around 3,000 miles into Oregon and Washington. Maybe I’ll slow down and get better fuel mileage in the motorhome. 

We were there around the same time, I hadn't seen this few people at old's in years, I have seen Wednesdays more crowded.  It was weird for sure.
Definitely not many at the hangout spots this weekend.  It was nice not having to worry about a ton of people in the dunes.  

At least the people jumping at the Swing Set were not wadding it up.  

No I learned a long time ago that I had to pay if it's 2.00 or 8.00 a gallon. I need it, I want it and I'm gonna pay for it. Would like to get one trip in but work is getting in the way again.

These are tough times and I understand the pain being experienced by many. So I’m ready to do my part. Anyone ready to dump their sweet race gas powered 1000hp+ rails and/or 1500+ torque pushers can bring them over to my place for discount cash offers anytime you’re ready! Lol!!  J/k, but for real… gas $ ain’t moving the needle for me… LET’S DUNE!!!! 

DA64B36C-67AF-4E04-BA4A-9E726EDA80E6.jpeg

I cut the season short only because our grandson has soccer on the weekends now. Otherwise there is no way gas prices would slow or even stop me from going. This is my time to spend with the family, watching them grow up and enjoying the dunes. Not to many trips left in this old man so give me my gas and stay off my lawn!  :ex:

We are on a spring break road trip right now. Denver to Glamis with some stops on the way. 

Holy Crap... my old 7.3 gets about 5 miles per gallon towing... 

I'll be staying localish this summer.
Like old old non turbo? 

If the turbo 7.3 ford might look into the Hydra tuner. I can get 20 daily driver and 10-11ish towing slow like a grandma. I think they are $300 new but might pay for itself over the years if you do a lot of miles. Plus the truck drives better. Whisper mode is nice for drive thrus. That engine sure goes clackity clack...(dont talk back) 

Like old old non turbo? 

If the turbo 7.3 ford might look into the Hydra tuner. I can get 20 daily driver and 10-11ish towing slow like a grandma. I think they are $300 new but might pay for itself over the years if you do a lot of miles. Plus the truck drives better. Whisper mode is nice for drive thrus. That engine sure goes clackity clack...(dont talk back) 
It's an 02.  F350 srw,, 35" tires.

Best I get daily driving at elevation over 5k' is 16mph.

I am towing about 13klbs.

I ran a DP Infiniti tuner deal for a short time. Had the entire family loaded up ready to hit the road. Loaded a tow program and it wiped my computer. Stranded in the driveway. Pissed me off.

Been nervous to run a tuner or programmer since.

I have heard good things about the hydra setup and I'll probably look closer at it when I get home. 

Just filled up the tanks with 50 gallons for this weekend - $3.39 for E-85 - what gas price problems!

Getting there and back will cost more but well worth the investment.  I work a ton so I can do these things, even when it costs a bit more.  It's an expensive sport and gas is usually the least of my costs.  If I break something..........

Just filled up the tanks with 50 gallons for this weekend - $3.39 for E-85 - what gas price problems!

Getting there and back will cost more but well worth the investment.  I work a ton so I can do these things, even when it costs a bit more.  It's an expensive sport and gas is usually the least of my costs.  If I break something..........
great price for e85, I think I paid last week in Ca $4.65

It's an 02.  F350 srw,, 35" tires.

Best I get daily driving at elevation over 5k' is 16mph.

I am towing about 13klbs.

I ran a DP Infiniti tuner deal for a short time. Had the entire family loaded up ready to hit the road. Loaded a tow program and it wiped my computer. Stranded in the driveway. Pissed me off.

Been nervous to run a tuner or programmer since.

I have heard good things about the hydra setup and I'll probably look closer at it when I get home. 
Hydra tuner doesn't work like those old crappy downloaders. Way better product and if for some reason it gives you any trouble you just unplug it and go back to stock.

Back