Curious. E85 prices near you.

Grease Monkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Really surprised at the local prices compared to last year. Yes regular gasoline has gone up but dam. Seeing the stations around me at 3.40-3.50 a gallon.

The lowest here in San Diego is $2.94, some are as high as $3.19. Gas Buddy indicates they all recently dropped 5 cents/gal. I don't know what it used to cost here, so I don't know what to compare it to. Regular is $4 - $4.71 right now, so I'm guessing in this area the price difference is about the same as before, proportionately. I think when our regular was down around $2.50/gal, E85 was down around $1.85 - 1.95, but I may be wrong.

The lowest here in San Diego is $2.94, some are as high as $3.19. Gas Buddy indicates they all recently dropped 5 cents/gal. I don't know what it used to cost here, so I don't know what to compare it to. Regular is $4 - $4.71 right now, so I'm guessing in this area the price difference is about the same as before, proportionately. I think when our regular was down around $2.50/gal, E85 was down around $1.85 - 1.95, but I may be wrong.
Like you said about $3 here in SD but.... last year during peak VID it was as low 1.89 so its up quite a bit in the last year

Like you said about $3 here in SD but.... last year during peak VID it was as low 1.89 so its up quite a bit in the last year
In the beginning, I thought we were just seeing hikes in gas and toy prices, but actually we're seeing inflation across the board. A lot of the fast food items are 50% higher, for example. Yet I don't recall seeing any mention of inflation on the liberal news outlets, oddly enough. If Trump was in office, all of the news stations would be screaming if anything went up by a penny! 

Its not from the local gas station but I've been buying VP x85 in bulk from the distributor here in Phoenix. Last year it was 5.00 a gallon. just went to get some and it went up to 7.50.... 

I had so many problems with gelling and plugged fuel filters on pump E85 i don't know if its time to move back to it... 7.50 is going to strain the pocket book

That Pearson site isn't locating all the stations anymore, there were other stations that were on that website a few years ago and now they are not listed, weird.  And yes these stations still carry E85.

The prices have slowly been rising, sucks. When I first switched over is was under $2.00 a gallon. As long as it is near regular 87 octane, I won't cry much.

its not even available near me... gotta drive to phoenix or vegas for it.

Of the only 5 or so stations in the Phx area that have E85 the price has jumped at all of them. Last couple seasons it was $2.69 - $2.99 a gallon but now is $3.39 - $3.49 a gallon. Still better than buying drums of race fuel.

Just paid 3.55 for flex fuel. Another station 7 miles further away has it for 3.39 per gallon. Tested right at 50% like normal.

Of the only 5 or so stations in the Phx area that have E85 the price has jumped at all of them. Last couple seasons it was $2.69 - $2.99 a gallon but now is $3.39 - $3.49 a gallon. Still better than buying drums of race fuel.
You can buy e85 at five different stations?

Back