Countersink for wheels

I just went and looked and I don't have that stuff among the 900 cans of crap.  LOL 

I have some rapid tap, and some of that spray on chainwax, and the good old fashioned motor oil.  LOL 

Damm you alper....  another can of lube on the way.  Should be here before the weekend...  LOL 

Last edited by a moderator:
A9 and Rapid tap small bottle are nice to have in the trailer also, anytime i have a thread that is fighting me,  I use it as antiseeze has worked great,  I think amazon has the 2 bottle kit,  Mcfaden dales has them,  really makes life easy,  

Here is how this came out.  Mind you these are 2 different sets of wheels but I didn't get before and after on each... they were about the same condition both before and after, give or take a bit... 

I put the countersink into my big hand drill, selected the slow speed on the trans and just went slow. 

Now I'm wondering if there is a "hardening process" i can do to these to slow the rate they get beat up.  

20210724_101135.jpg

20210724_101147.jpg

20210724_101254.jpg

20210724_101345.jpg

20210725_120813.jpg

20210725_120825.jpg

Looking good. I wonder if the taper on the wheels were different than the lug nuts.  I would think with both tapers matching you won’t need to worry about it.  

I'm not sure what went on.  If the PO tried to use a ball nut on a tapered seat or just crappy nuts, or ...???  For the most part it looked like galling.  But you can see on the first one I used a marker on The seat to watch the cutter cut.  It started on the inside and went out pretty consistently.  They were all the same. 

.. Maybe just mashed from long term use...  

Interesting, like PEM nuts but for lug nuts.. 

2 are BTR's and 4 are Douglas (or knock offs).  

Interesting, like PEM nuts but for lug nuts.. 

2 are BTR's and 4 are Douglas (or knock offs).  
All BTR's are Ball Style,  

they also make ball to 60 degree from Pacific Coast Customs,   

Amazon.com: Pacific Customs Adapter Washer to Convert 60 Degree Taper Lug Nut to Ball Socket - 20 Ball Socket Washers: Automotive

for ball lug nuts 

This is from Kartek site, 

BTR Racing
Centerline 105 and 115
EMPI Race Trim
Method Race Wheels Series 101 and 103
ProAm Forged Race Series
Raceline RT291M Ryno Buggy Beadlock Wheels
Ultra Wheel 103 Xtreme Wide 5
USA Wheel Company

Back