Costco Stopped me from filling my trailer at the pump!

Just plumb a fill on the outside of your trailer or put a small door so you are filling from the outside. 
And maybe do some kind of vent like a regular fuel tank. Even one with a shutoff valve to open when you are filling. 

But then again, how is the barrel secured and what happens in an accident. Thinking about this with the outside fill installed. 

had a similar problem here in NJ  stopped at one of the rest area gas stations on the parkway with a enclosed trailer with the atv's. Only wanted to fill up 2 can for the bike. I pull up to the pump grab the cans and the attendant tell me the aren't allowed to fill the can some bs rule the parkway cam up with. i ask him the can i just take the hose in the trailer and fill the machines. sure no problem he hands me the nozzle and I just filled everything in the trailer. so next time tell them you are filling the machines in your trailer and see if that gets them to go away. good luck

I use the 'illegal' cans and was told you can get a ticket in Glamis if they're on the ground, so I always leave them in the bed of my truck.. near the firewood.

I do miss the 55 gallon drum and fuel station I had in the toy box for the SCU. Don't use my TH pump (pulled it out) cause it just pulls from the 15 gal. generator, no separate one. Fortunately, these little SXSs sip fuel and I'm good with cans.

Point break.. The thing that makes that movie fun is Gary Busey IMO.

abc

PS. Need to grab some more of these.

4b0bb82a-2019-492f-9727-c54dc3acb5a8

Last edited by a moderator:
My camera is jacked up but have you seen these? Sunoco brand hose for a CA legal gas can that does not have a separate vent.

20211015_174930.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the 'illegal' cans and was told you can get a ticket in Glamis if they're on the ground, so I always leave them in the bed of my truck.. near the firewood.

I do miss the 55 gallon drum and fuel station I had in the toy box for the SCU. Don't use my TH pump (pulled it out) cause it just pulls from the 15 gal. generator, no separate one. Fortunately, these little SXSs sip fuel and I'm good with cans.

Point break.. The thing that makes that movie fun is Gary Busey IMO.

abc

PS. Need to grab some more of these.

Those are my preferred gas can also. 

Next time, follow the rules ...... fill six gallons, shut it off, put your card back in and do six more gallons, repeat until you have the gas you need! Problem solved and you followed their rules, lol.

Back