Cordless Tire Inflator

sand diva

Reaction score
Looking at buying a Dewalt 20V Tire Inflator.  

Anybody own one???  If so how do you like it?

I was looking into the Milwaukee version, because that is what battery's I have.  What I found from a guy who had one was. It worked fine for a bike tire but if you wanted to fill a car tire you needed a couple of battery's and a sandwich.  

Good to know...  That's why I asked

I have one and use it a lot.    Mine will fill several big paddles on one battery.   I really like how you set it to the PSI you want and hit the button and it shuts off automatically.  I highly recommend.

I have one and use it a lot.    Mine will fill several big paddles on one battery.   I really like how you set it to the PSI you want and hit the button and it shuts off automatically.  I highly recommend.
I should have clarified I have the Dewalt version.   This one: https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCC020IB-20V-Inflator-Bare/dp/B07H39S9JQ/ref=sr_1_2?crid=9G2VFBU4HS2S&dchild=1&keywords=dewalt+20v+air+compressor&qid=1624552177&s=hi&sprefix=dewalt+20v+air%2Ctools%2C198&sr=1-2

All this Cordless Battery stuff, how are you charging back at camp? Run the genny, use inverter? Seems to limit you when Dry Camping, not really? School me why Battery is better...

I like the battery clips and cigarette lighter charging as back up options. Every John Doe as a battery in their RV, Truck, etc. Less preparation this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
All this Cordless Battery stuff, how are you charging back at camp? Run the genny, use inverter? Seems to limit you when Dry Camping, not really? 
I always bring a bag with DeWalt impact driver & lights and few charged batteries.  DeWalt lanterns are bitchen.   Both fluorescent and LED 

All this Cordless Battery stuff, how are you charging back at camp? Run the genny, use inverter? Seems to limit you when Dry Camping, not really? School me why Battery is better...

I like the battery clips and cigarette lighter charging as back up options. Every John Doe as a battery in their RV, Truck, etc. Less preparation this way.
I bring two battery's with me for a weekend trip along with the charger, just in case.  I never have even come to charging one.  Battery's are not like they use to be.  At home I will change out from desert tires to paddles using one battery, plus have power to spare.

I carry this. I know it’s old school but it works. Just added a short wire with alligator clips to connect to a car battery. 

11E4EB84-5933-42EA-9D22-5BAE74D2C6BB.jpeg

Couple of guys in camp use the Milwaukee 12v jobs. 

61BZfqQp1RL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Work great for paddles.  One guy in camp has a paddle that went completely flat every night.  Every morning, that pump was running.  Batteries last about 3-4 days before completely dead, then simple recharge when the generator is on.

Filling motorhome tires with these... Not so much.  Motor really struggles above 30psi, which ramps up consumption, and it dies.  

Plan on getting this guy before the next dune season because they're so much more convenient than everything else.

61MTNgIHkjL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info guys...  I was primarily looking at it for truck and trailer tires when needed.  Sound like it's not so good for those.

I got the Dewalt one as a gift in March but haven't needed to use it yet. Glad to read here that it's working for people.

I have the Milwaukee 12 volt portable, 

for 40psi truck and trailer, they work great,  Milwaukee also makes a 18 volt compressor super quite and has a  2.5 gallon tank,   

Couple of guys in camp use the Milwaukee 12v jobs. 

Work great for paddles.  One guy in camp has a paddle that went completely flat every night.  Every morning, that pump was running.  Batteries last about 3-4 days before completely dead, then simple recharge when the generator is on.

Filling motorhome tires with these... Not so much.  Motor really struggles above 30psi, which ramps up consumption, and it dies.  

Plan on getting this guy before the next dune season because they're so much more convenient than everything else.

Might re-think what I was told.  I just want to be able to fill paddles in the morning if they go low.

I don't know if this is helpful or not but this guy is great, he reviews and field tests all kinds of tools, chemicals, lubricant's and things, here's his vid on cordless tire inflators.

For a lot of us with the battery tire inflators, we also have blowers and other toys we use off of the batteries.  I bring three batteries that run my impact, leaf blower, tire inflator, drill, and screw gun.  No issues going all weekend.  I do have a charger in my enclosed as well, so every time the genny runs that auto charges anything in it.  I think I have only charged a battery one time in 5 years in the desert.

Back