Clutch arm issues

Pulled motor to find out why clutch arm is not returning.

With slave cylinder disconnected you would think the arm would move freely. Not in this case. Using a 16 inch crescent wrench I could barely move the arm back and forth.

Pulled arm and had to press/beat the old bushing off. With new bushing the arm moves back and forth freely with no restriction.

Almost like the original bushing swelled making the ID smaller. Not sure what would cause that? 

Wouldn’t think the arm could get that hot or even dirt could cause something like this.

Pulled motor to find out why clutch arm is not returning.

With slave cylinder disconnected you would think the arm would move freely. Not in this case. Using a 16 inch crescent wrench I could barely move the arm back and forth.

Pulled arm and had to press/beat the old bushing off. With new bushing the arm moves back and forth freely with no restriction.

Almost like the original bushing swelled making the ID smaller. Not sure what would cause that? 

Wouldn’t think the arm could get that hot or even dirt could cause something like this.
Exactly like mine. I was told 'that bushing never goes bad' by multiple people.

I am guilty of pressure washing my car more than I should and wonder if that had any affect on it. 

I was told the same thing. Pressure washing bad.

I still cant believe pressure washing seized it this bad. 

Anyway since motor was out got 2 new Disc, had Flywheel and Pressure plate surfaced.

Took it out for New Years and it worked GREAT

Thanks everyone for your Assistance

It would be a good idea to squirt a little WD-40 on that bushing and cycle the clutch a few times after pressure washing, . Our bushings are oil-impregnated to avoid this, but others are just straight bronze and will seize up with enough water and sitting for long periods of time.

It would be a good idea to squirt a little WD-40 on that bushing and cycle the clutch a few times after pressure washing, . Our bushings are oil-impregnated to avoid this, but others are just straight bronze and will seize up with enough water and sitting for long periods of time.
This happened to me with an 091. Bronze bushing was chewed up and not allowing the arm to move freely. Went through two clutches before I figured it out. 

Back