Carb wants to borrow my truck… anyone else?

Intro2Rhino

Reaction score
Just received this letter in the mail. Looks like they want to test emissions on my stock 2015 f-250 diesel. 

anyone know anything about this or have participated in the program? 

says if they select my truck, I’ll get a check for $5000 and a loaner truck while they have it 7-8 weeks. 

wondering if I should, wouldn’t mind the money and I’d have my truck back in time for dune season 

91D5E7D2-C92C-43D4-947B-4ABE22A12242.jpeg

F40E8BC5-4BD6-49A2-93B2-82F3ACDE0A72.jpeg

Sounds like a sweet gig.  I'm sure the info gathered will be used to buttfuk us in the future.  But it's gonna happen with or without your $5k.

Eff carb. 

Thats my answer. Wouldnt take 10k and a handy
Much like the OP, I’m stuck between these two responses. Lol

Any undetectable way to game it so the results are skewed in our favor (assumption is more pollution)…?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received this letter in the mail. Looks like they want to test emissions on my stock 2015 f-250 diesel. 

anyone know anything about this or have participated in the program? 

says if they select my truck, I’ll get a check for $5000 and a loaner truck while they have it 7-8 weeks. 

wondering if I should, wouldn’t mind the money and I’d have my truck back in time for dune season 

View attachment 11076

View attachment 11077
So funny, I worked at ATDS in the early 90's. My Step-Dad was the VP there. He ended up leaving and starting his own gig Boshart Engineering. They do the exact same thing. Matter of fact, I helped them move a gooseneck trailer with concrete ,.. like K-Rails that they used to test the Chevy's VS. the newer Dodge (when they changed to that bigger transmission a few years back). I'd never tugged 30k lbs with my 08 Duramax and the acceleration was fine, .. just stopping 30k was not easy. Not sure if you'll they'll be towing weight or not. 

It's all insured and they just put HWY and city miles on them. Not like they're gonna rally them. A 'data-logger' will be connected so they can read the deal, then they might put it on a dyno. The 'drivers' work 8 hour shifts and they run the vehicles on a 'route' of like 45 miles with like I said a combination of city/hwy to try to duplicate mileage... and have 3 shifts, so they run 24/7 to get miles on.

Because of the data-logger, route and testing parameters, they drive within' the speed limit, etc. etc. 

If you don't need your rig for a spell, it's a pretty good deal IMO.

Best,

abc

PS. Call me up if you have any other questions/concerns 949 300 three four seven two.

PPS. I can't believe the owner of ADTS is still alive. He was old, big and heavy back in the day. Maybe he doesn't own it anymore.???

I received a similar letter for testing on a crane with an ISX15. Wanted to pay 10K for 4 weeks if I remember right. I would not have done it for 100K. 

I'd do it for $5k.  Problem is they wouldn't give me my truck back... some parts 'fell off' or were 'stolen'.

Think the only way I could do it is if they paid me more then whatever it was, is worth, so I could replace it when they were done.

i dont even drive my truck in the summer it sits in the side yard all covered up, i would love to make 5k off something i dont even use. i have an older (2009) duramax, i doubt they would be contacting me. 

Did they tell you how many miles they will put on the truck? If it's a lot, it might not be worth it.

I received the same offer on my 2020 F350 about nine months ago and then I thought about it for a week. I  decided it was not worth it. I’m pretty sure I posted it on here too. A big “” if “”but if anything went wrong OR I started hearing strange noises when I got my truck back, I would’ve regretted the whole situation then…… Plus it was Glamis season! P.S. I think the testing place was in Norwalk or somewhere very close by Norwalk.

6D054882-9B2C-4A7A-B562-64B6BF00C757.jpeg

I received the same offer on my 2020 F350 about nine months ago and then I thought about it for a week. I  decided it was not worth it. I’m pretty sure I posted it on here to. A big if but if anything went wrong I would’ve regretted the whole situation then…… Plus it was Glamis season!
Why would carb want to "borrow" a brand new truck?  Rent one from Enterprise for a month...

yes, give them my truck in place of yours(3.0 ltr diesel and they think it is 6.7 ltr)

Back