caption this

One way to save fuel cost, not the best. Hope all ended well for you.

Ghost camping on Gecko!

If its yours sorry for break down. I hope its not to expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I told the mechanic I wanted my RV to have the power of a Semi Truck, This was not the answer I had in mind.

On Sunday morning

"What do you mean the generator runs on the same gas tank as the motor" 😳

So I will not be seeing you in Glamis this weekend?

Caption would be " When fuel prices are high you butst out the AAA card"
Headed over to caterpillar in a little while to pick up a new engine wiring harness and crank and cam sensors. A lot of crap has to be torn apart to fix this thing. Plus my serpentine belt has one rib torn off. And the v belt is loose. At least two days of work. Maybe head down saturday. How long you going to be there.

On my way with the off-road recovery rig, gotta pay to play folks. Now who needs a ghost camp repo?

Tow truck that towed me back weighs 55,000 lb empty. My whole rig loaded with trailer and everything is about 27,500. It is a beast. I think he said 550 horse and 2300 torque.

20220309_085523.jpg

20220309_085423.jpg

20220309_090741.jpg

Ouch, that's no fun. They sent out the big 50 ton wrecker for you. No shortage of HPs with that one.

Headed over to caterpillar in a little while to pick up a new engine wiring harness and crank and cam sensors. A lot of crap has to be torn apart to fix this thing. Plus my serpentine belt has one rib torn off. And the v belt is loose. At least two days of work. Maybe head down saturday. How long you going to be there.
Going home Sunday.  Dave already went home.  Harmonic balancer went bad on his rail.  Brian’s new rail is really nice.  

surprised how many people our out here and on Gecko.  Pad 4 has a dune in the middle from the wind. 

8FE74905-99FD-4635-8D18-207583975F94.jpeg

I heard  the stories. Getting home safe is the most important thing. Several days of diagnosing and still have not found the problem. Today will be checking power and grounds at the 70 pin connector coming from the coach into the CAT ecm. Loads of fun. Motorhome wiring is a blast to work on. 

Back